Completed Model Gallery is for Completed models only

Two reminders ... The two Completed ship model gallery categories are for photos of completed models only. That's why they are named as such.

Second ... you must include the name of your model in the title of your gallery folder! Think about this one, folks -- when people search for a model in the gallery, what search term are they most likely going to use? That's right -- they're going to search for the name of a ship!

BTW, you don't have to put your name in the gallery title, since your folder and each of its images is stamped with your username.

PLEASE do not post albums of your work in progress!  This gallery is meant to display the finished models and not become a second redundant build log.  It just wont work!!!  

Thanks in advance!  :)  :)

If you have photos of your models in progress please post them in a build log or other appropriate forum category.

Chuck

• 2 months later...

Ragrove, you need to start by clicking your avatar (in your case the shadow of the person) and go to your profile page

post-343-0-35713300-1367570938.png

Then click "edit my profile" in the top right

post-343-0-30584100-1367570939_thumb.png

Then at the top it says "my settings" and under that is a blue banner that has "settings" and "gallery" click on "gallery"

post-343-0-28035900-1367570940.png

If you haven't added a gallery before then you need to add a new album.

post-343-0-15451900-1367570941_thumb.png

Once you have done that you can upload by clicking on the little polaroid icon.

post-343-0-44682200-1367570942_thumb.png

*Please Remember this gallery is for FINISHED models only, not for in-progress ships*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Corel Victory Cross section

Completed Build:

USS Missouri minimissouri.jpgHMS Bounty's Jolly Boat thumbnail.jpg Peterboro Canoe tiny.jpg

• 10 months later...

Ah... all's cool then. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 months later...

Foxy,

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.   Are asking if we use Photobucket to store our pics on the site?   That answer is "no".  MSW has it's own system.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just a quick question for the administrators. My Gallery photo's are up there for over a week now. I expected them to be there for only a few days at most.

Is it my job to remove them or do they get bumped off when someone posts a new set.

I don't want to take up the space while someone else is waiting in line....

Current Build:     USF Confederacy 1778 - Model Shipways - 1:64

Completed:         US Brig Syren - Model Shipways - 1:64

San Francisco Cross Section - Artesania Latina - 1:50

Future build:        HM Granado - Caldercraft - 1:64

LeRenard - Artesania Latina - 1:50

No they are never removed.  As you said they will be bumped off when someone post new photos.  That banner just shows the latest images uploaded. Your photos will also still remain in the gallery along with the thousands of other photos that have been uploaded over the years after someone new posts new images.

• 3 months later...

I know you said that the ability to remove posts has been deleted. Does this include removing a single photo from within a posted galley.  I had mistakenly added a picture to a completed gallery post I wanted to remove. How can I do this if this function is available?

• 1 year later...

Hey guys and gals,

In recent months we've been having a lot of folks share images to our galleries, for which we are all grateful, but many of those images have not been placed into folders. In that sense, they're kind of like loose photos in a box -- once they get bumped off the first page of unsorted pictures, they'll be somewhere near the bottom of the box, where they'll become increasingly less likely to ever be seen again. Folders help people find your images when they search for specific models. So, create a folder, and remember to put the name of the ship in the folder's title!

Thanks!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Indeed.....everyone needs to set up an album for their photos.  One album per subject and only include photos of completed models.  No under construction pics as they should be posted in build logs.   A description of the project is also important.....what kit...MFG or if scratch, based on what plans and built with what types of materials etc.   

Chuck

• 5 months later...

Folks, we've recently had a rash of people posting images in the build logs sections that rightfully ought to go in the galleries. The operative word in "build logs" is build, i.e. a model under construction. A post in the scratch or kit build log sections that shows only a finished model is not a build log -- that's a photo that needs to go in the gallery. If you're worried that you can't post commentary in the gallery, fear not -- you can. And BTW, a post featuring a finished model and one or two in-progress shots isn't a proper build log, either. So remember, put finished models in the galleries and only post actual build logs in the build logs sections.

Thank you!

• 6 months later...

Never Mind I Figured It Out.

I am having trouble creating an album.

When I select "gallery/completed kits/add images/create new album". It asks me to enter the URL for my pictures? My pictures are from my hard drive and my build log. Not sure what to do from here.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Osmosis

• 2 months later...

Please please........only photos of your completed models in the gallery.......Please

Its right there in the title of the gallery.   If you want to show in-construction photos, please start a build log.   But please dont douple post the images either.  Just photos of the completed models.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Deleted many over the last few days!!!!    

Just another little nit pick:

It would be nice if modelers would consider renaming their pics before uploading them.

Seeing a lot of " 20200504_152930.jpg "  & etc. is distracting.

In Windows, you can rename a batch of pictures by highlighting  all of them, right-click to rename- and give them something short and sweet like "  Schooner ",

And they will all be named " Schooner(1) , Schooner(2) etc..  

image.png.6b279dbc729ff1aaab40d2c16f30543b.png

image.png.159df020360e5d1ddc4ba115dac54d40.png

Just a thought..

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

Thanks Gregory;

I did not know that little trick, which will be useful for far more than posting here.

All the best,

Mark P 

Previously built models (long ago, aged 18-25ish) POB construction. 32 gun frigate, scratch-built sailing model, Underhill plans.

2 masted topsail schooner, Underhill plans.

Started at around that time, but unfinished: 74 gun ship 'Bellona' NMM plans. POB 

On the drawing board: POF model of Royal Caroline 1749, part-planked with interior details. My own plans, based on Admiralty draughts and archival research.

Always on the go: Research into Royal Navy sailing warship design, construction and use, from Tudor times to 1790. 

Member of NRG, SNR, NRS, SMS

• 4 months later...
On 4/5/2020 at 11:13 PM, Osmosis said:

Never Mind I Figured It Out.

I am having trouble creating an album.

When I select "gallery/completed kits/add images/create new album". It asks me to enter the URL for my pictures? My pictures are from my hard drive and my build log. Not sure what to do from here.

Thanks in advance

I have the same problem, does anyone have an answer for this. 

The photos are on my PC and I don't have a URL

Update: The photos are in the gallery. But I don't know if they are in an album

image.thumb.png.03ff72ea11666949baea6c57b0ba97b9.png

Edited by Backer

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

That portion is for creating the gallery/album, after the gallery/album is created then you'll be asked to add photos in the next step. I accidentally made a test gallery/album to find this out and I'm not certain how to delete it though 🤔

Edited by VTHokiEE

6 hours ago, Backer said:

I have the same problem, does anyone have an answer for this. 

The photos are on my PC and I don't have a URL

Update: The photos are in the gallery. But I don't know if they are in an album

Backer, You must create a new album before you post your pictures.  Once you click on the "Create Album", another screen will pop up and this is where you add your photos.

I have created an album for you and moved your pictures to it.  It can be accessed here:

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

5 hours ago, VTHokiEE said:

That portion is for creating the gallery/album, after the gallery/album is created then you'll be asked to add photos in the next step. I accidentally made a test gallery/album to find this out and I'm not certain how to delete it though 🤔

Thanks for your reply.  I deleted your test album.

Ryland

Important information for adding your photos in the Gallery:

This Gallery section is for completed kit models only

This Gallery section is for completed kit models only. If you have any in-progress photos please post them in your logs or other appropriate forums. All in-progress photos will be deleted as this gallery should not be used a duplicate build log. ONLY PHOTOS OF YOUR COMPLETED MODELS PLEASE. 

YOU MUST create an album for each completed model and upload your images in that album.  Do not just upload images to the gallery that are not contained within an album.  These will be deleted.   Thank you.

Ryland

• 2 months later...

⚠️**ATTENTION! NOW HEAR THIS!** ⚠️

I'm giving this topic a bump, because there are members out there who are not getting our message that your gallery images NEED TO BE PLACED IN ALBUMS and are in iminent danger of being deleted! 😬  Please move your loose images to albums ASAP!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

- Tuco

Hello.

I have a feeling this message i directed to (amongst others) me..

I appologize if I have done wrong, an will try to rectify it as soon as possible!

In the menu for creating new topic in gallery there was three options. I realise I should have chosen the «create new album» option, but there was nothing there to inform that «loose» images was wrong. 

Gaffrig.

Current builds Bluenose, Billing Boats

Lynx, Panart

Finished models Hannah ship in a bottle, Amati

Le Renard, Artesania Latina

Endeavour’s Longboat, Artesania Latina

39 minutes ago, Gaffrig said:

nothing there to inform that «loose» images was wrong. 

It's not really so much "wrong" as it is a wasted effort by our members. Loose images are easily overlooked, and if they're not renamed, then they don't show up in search results, e.g. no one searches for "IMG_0001." We appreciate your giving attention to this!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

- Tuco

Hello.

Ok, no problem. I understand your point.

I think I have fixed it now though!

Gaffrig.

Current builds Bluenose, Billing Boats

Lynx, Panart

Finished models Hannah ship in a bottle, Amati

Le Renard, Artesania Latina

Endeavour’s Longboat, Artesania Latina

• 1 year later...

I know that the Gallery is only for photos, and limits the types of files that can be uploaded.

Is there a way to link to an external site for a video?   I have a short video (30 -60 seconds long) of my model underway.  It is hosted on my  (publicly viewable) Smugmug page.  I tried to add a link in the description of the album, but it won’t let me- I get an error “There is no image at that URL”.

In progress:  

BlueJacket Lobster Smack 1/8 scale (RC)

1/96 Revenue Cutter Harriet Lane RC scratchbuild

completed:  

1/144 scale USS Guadalcanal CVE-60 RC scratchbuild

Revell 1/305 USCG 327’ Secretary class cutter

Dumas 1/16 scale USCG Motor Lifeboat 36500 (RC)

Lindberg 1/95 USCG Lightship LV-112 “Nantucket” RC conversion