donfarr

Dremel moto saw

Hi guys and Gals, A couple of weeks ago I stoped at Lowes for some small things, and I saw the new Dremel Moto-Saw it is actually a fret saw (100.00) set it u this weekend and was pleastly suprised it cut 3/32 Basswood like it was butter and it is ligt weight about 5lbs. It will not replace my scroll saw but it weighs 40lbs. At my age (74) it is to heavy to lift it up and down it will be mounted permantly when i finish new work table. In meantime the fret saw is working great it gives smooth cuts w/ hardly any vibrations. Don

edmay and avsjerome2003 like this

Hello,I also recently got this tool,very pleased with results. it is a scroll and fret saw # ms20-01,variable speed,attach to workbench or free hand,worth the price.Edwin :bird-vi: .

Hi Richard, It will cut 1/4in Basswood. Do not know about Ply. I use this saw a great deal well worth the price. The only thing is have not found where to get Mitre gauge, fence and replacment blades if anyone knows let me know Thanks Don

Hello Don,sorry could not find any attachments for motto saw,maybe you could email dremel direct,let me know if you have any success.Edwin :bird-vi:

Hi, you can get the miter gauge and fence from Dremel, you have to call them as it's not on the website.  It cost me about $8.00 for both.

edmay likes this

For wood:           Max Thickness:

Plywood              3/4"

Pine                    3/4"

Poplar                 3/4"

Balsa                 1 3/4"

Laminate             1/2"

Information from the user manual.

edmay likes this

Hi all,

I checked my records and the part number for the miter gauge and fence is :  2615000007      Miter guide for MS20.   it came to $7.86 with taxs and shipping 

edmay likes this

I just got the Dremel saw. haven't used it in anger yet but works well on some trial cuts. Looks to me like a very reasonable buy at the price.

Nick

I also see that Dremel do a right angled blade. So the teeth face right/left rather than back/front. This then allows for theoreticaly infinate cuts.

Nick

I have had my Moto for about a year now and would be lost without doing my ship modeling.  Glad I read the forim to get the fence and guide.  This is one of the best power tools I have bought and used.  Five Star Buy!

Paget

great news guys, I saw this too at Menards and was wondering how thick it could cut!  Yet another thing I have to hide from the admiral in the garage!