korablik1979

Carving from Belgorod

194 posts in this topic

Between Alexander and Gaetan and his Le Fleuron, I need a new superlative dictionary. I'm running out :)

Hello, vossiewulf.
I still understand very little English and did not understand what you wanted to write.
Who's Gaetan? I tried to find information in Google, but found nothing. Probably, it is the master, made a model of the ship ... I understand correctly? I have in my collection of photos there are many different models of ships, among them there are several variants of this "French", but I, unfortunately, do not know the names of the authors.
And why do you need a dictionary for Le Fleuron? It's bad when I know a foreign language only through Google's translation.

PS I recently started to learn English. I decided to learn with help of movies with subtitles to see and written text and try to pronounce the sentence. I took this one of my favorite movie "Forrest Gump." And I'm good at doing it. But after many painstaking hours, I came across a very difficult phrase: "I could eat about a million and a half of these ..." ©  :D
mtaylor and Chasseur like this

Hello Alexander,

vossiewulf was referring to this blog http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/327-le-fleuron-by-gaetan-bordeleau-124/

Gaetan is the person who has just finished building a beatiful model of the French ship 'Le Fleuron'.

The 'dictionary' he refers to is one way of saying he is running out of words to describe how good your work is (and that of Gaetan) - and I agree.

Hope this helps with understanding.

Slainte (this is a Gaelic greeting)

Peter

Edited by Landrotten Highlander
korablik1979, Chasseur and mtaylor like this

Hello Alexander,

vossiewulf was referring to this blog http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/327-le-fleuron-by-gaetan-bordeleau-124/

Gaetan is the person who has just finished building a beatiful model of the French ship 'Le Fleuron'.

The 'dictionary' he refers to is one way of saying he is running out of words to describe how good your work is (and that of Gaetan) - and I agree.

Hope this helps with understanding.

Slainte (this is a Gaelic greeting)

Peter

Hello, Landrotten Hignlander
Thank you very much for your help in understanding. Now I understood everything.

PS Really an amazing model of the ship. I never saw her before. Now I know.
BANYAN, Chasseur and mtaylor like this