Halifax 1768 by MEDDO - FINISHED - Lauck Street Shipyard - 1/4" scale

7 hours ago, Trussben said:

She looks excellent in her case, congratulations.

ben

Thanks Ben.  As soon as I get the base finished and get out the real camera will try to get some better pics and add them to the gallery.

Michael - Not sure how I missed this - Halifax came out beautifully.  Case looks great, too.  I finished Hannah with rigging a few years ago.  Harold Hahn's plans were amazing.  I think we have all gotten so used to the incredible things that can be done with CAD that we forget how well someone could do with old fashioned pen and ink.  The schooners are truly beautiful.  

Hope you had a great Christmas.  Best wishes and happy modelling for the coming new year.

Dave

Current builds:

Wingnut Wings AMC DH9

Model Shipways 1/48 Longboat

Model Shipways 1/24 Grand Banks Dory

Soon to start:

Fully framed Echo

Completed builds:

East Coast Oyster Sharpie

Echo Cross Section

1/48 Scratchbuilt Hannah from Hahn plans

1/64 Kitbashed Rattlesnake from Bob Hunt practicum

1/64 Brig Supply

11 hours ago, davec said:

Michael - Not sure how I missed this - Halifax came out beautifully.  Case looks great, too.  I finished Hannah with rigging a few years ago.  Harold Hahn's plans were amazing.  I think we have all gotten so used to the incredible things that can be done with CAD that we forget how well someone could do with old fashioned pen and ink.  The schooners are truly beautiful.  

Hope you had a great Christmas.  Best wishes and happy modelling for the coming new year.

Dave

Thank you Dave.  I have a set of Hahn's plans for the rattlesnake and they are impressive.  After trying to follow along with the threads on drafting here it is very apparent how skilled they were.

10 hours ago, mcpwilk said:

Beautifully done. I tend to mount my ships on pedestals over a mirror which shows up the planking etc better.

Mike

Thank you Mike.  I am not sure why but I was not thinking ahead to the final mounting and did not prepare for it when building.  The little tiny resin pedestals where not going to do it so I made the larger cradles.  I may at some time in the future rethink it.  I like the idea of a mirror base.

• 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, Bobbuild said:

Michael

I am in process of building the Halifax. What size Syren rope did you order?

Thanks

Tan 0.012 and Light Brown 0.054

• The title was changed to Halifax 1768 by MEDDO - FINISHED - Lauck Street Shipyard - 1/4" scale