ROYAL CAROLINE by Doris - CARD - 1749 -1:40

Just caught up with this and finished going through all the photo's of your amazing Royal Caroline, Doris.

All I can say is that I'm in complete awe.  Your work is simply magnificent.  Thank you for sharing this work of art with us.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

coming late to the party, but better late than never to hurt my jaw by dropping it on the floor!! (again!! this has become common occurrence for me on this forum) if I was allowed to enter that room I would have never seen the daylight again... no words, Doris, no words.... ;-))

cheers!

Denis

cheers!

Denis

Current Build: HMS Pandora 3D modeling

Swan Class HMS Pegasus for Admiralty Models 3D Build

My other 3D work: Artstation

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 8sillones said:

My congratulations. It is a magnificent job. I'm surprised: I use very similar techniques. I'll give you a picture of my Royal Caroline, also with clay.

IMG_20170630_085955.jpg

Hi 8sillones

I don't want to hijack Doris' thread, but, my word, what a beautiful model you've built!  

Would you be willing to post some more photos in the Gallery for us to enjoy?

Thanks

Patrick 

• 10 months later...
On 3/15/2013 at 7:48 AM, john46 said:

The decoration is great. Your parrot is very particular, normally speaking a bird is not doing so well when lying on its back. . .

I was just reviewing the Royal Caroline build log and came across the picture of the parrot on its back and the ensuing comment and thought I could maybe add some insight as to the birds' peculiar behavior.  We had a parakeet awhile ago who would do the same thing but was generally just looking for some attention or wanted to play. 

Here he is with his favorite toy.  He could spin it around, throw it away, chase it down and repeat several times. (Maybe he was in a circus in a previous life?)  :rolleyes:

5aeb5878b59ce_Beethoven2.thumb.jpg.9488ae2855ff82d38c6f356fc5491d3a.jpg5aeb587ee9864_Beethoven3.thumb.jpg.f27a77643f22a2d81cc2b3fd697fddc6.jpg

Dave

“You’ve just got to know your limitations”  Dirty Harry

Current Builds:  Modified MS 1/8” scale Phantom, and modified plastic/wood hybrid of Aurora 1:87 scale whaling bark Wanderer.

Past Builds: (Done & sold) 1/8” scale A.J. Fisher 2 mast schooner Challenge, 1/6” scale scratch built whaler Wanderer w/ plans & fittings from A.J. Fisher, and numerous plastic kits including 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution (twice), Cutty Sark, and Mayflower.

(Done & in dry dock) Modified 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution w/ wooden deck and masting [too close encounter w/conc. floor in move]

Hope to get to builds: MS 3/16” scale Pride of Baltimore II,  MS 1/2” scale pinky schooner Glad Tidings,  a scratch build 3/16” scale  Phantom, and a scratch build 3/16" scale Denis Sullivan.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...