Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Help Topic: Forum Rules
- Ensure you are posting a message in the most appropriate Forum Sub Category. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong place will be moved without prior contact and is the Forum Moderator’s job duty and right.
- Do not exclusively use CAPITAL LETTERS! This is considered SHOUTING on a forum. Your keyboard has a ‘Caps Lock’; please turn it off when posting within the Forum or Chat room. This includes topic titles and message posts/replies.
- Swearing is strictly forbidden. This also includes substituting letters with asterisks (“***). If in doubt, don’t use the word. Offending posts will be deleted and the offending member will be issued a first warning.
- Keep all posts on-topic, this rule is flexible and diversity is welcomed, MSW reserves the right to remove/edit posts.
- You must use clear and legible English at all times. Some leeway is given if English is not your first language but
please remember that this is an English speaking website and English is the 1st choice of language for postings. Moderators may alter or delete posts that don't make sense because of poor spelling and/or grammar.
- The Moderators’ decision is always final and NOT open for public discussion, however a Moderator will usually contact you via the board’s Private Message e-mail system to explain why a particular action has been taken, although this is not implicit. Should you insist on airing any grievance publicly you will be issued a warning. Further public displays challenging a moderator will result in a banning.
- The Moderators reserve the right to not notify a Member of their actions but you are encouraged to contact them if you feel aggrieved. But never post it publicly or this could result in a warning point or even a ban.
- No spamming is permitted! This includes anything in your signature. We reserve the right to remove posts, without warning or reason, if we deem the subject inappropriate or not within the best interest of the MSW Forum.
- If you are posting a general question, then check that your question has not been answered before, use the search feature before posting. This also applies to news and information; you may be duplicating a thread that has previously been started. If this is the case then expect the new thread to be locked with a link posted to the original.
- Choose an appropriate subject line for your “Topic Title” when starting a new thread. Think about this carefully; describe what you are about to post. Things like “In need of help” or “This is amazing” doesn’t really help a viewer of the Forum and decide if they want to spend the time opening and reading your post.
- When in doubt please use common sense, self-moderation is the best way to keep MSW a clean and tidy Message Board.
- If a member receives 3 official warnings then their posting rights will be removed and their account indefinitely suspended. In other words you may receive 2 official warnings and the third will instantly and automatically result in a ban. Under no circumstances will official warnings be removed or revoked; once one is issued it shall remain. Sometimes Moderators will deem it necessary to only issue a verbal warning, however if you ignore this and persist to break rules then further action will be taken and the verbal warning may count as an official warning, in addition to any further warning(s).
- You can be banned for violating any of these rules if the Moderating staff makes that decision. This is also true for any full member of the NRG and or sponsors violating them.
- If you feel a post violates any of above rules, is offensive in any way, please bring this issue to the attention of the moderator by using the REPORT button (lower left hand corner of the post), don’t try to resolve the issue yourself.
- Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded and stored electronically for future reference and case disputes needs.
- No topic bumping (adding a reply of no significance just to bump your topic back up to the top of the list or keep it on the first page of a forum)
- Double posting topics....still spamming but it may be on topic spamming.
- No topics or posts on religion or politics or sexual in nature...all posts will be deleted immediately.
- Do not publish your email address publicly or your phone number. Do not post this information for any other members.
- Guidelines for selling in traders and dealers…see pinned topic in that forum
- No one person shall have multiple accounts. Should this occur, both accounts will be banned.
- No discrimination. Similar to flaming, but aimed towards an entire race, religion, gender, sexual orientation. A serious offence that will lead to warning or possible banning.
- No impersonation. Trying to be someone else. OR creating a second account to hide your identity to sell, promote or otherwise topic bump your first identity above others.
- Refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word or short nonsense posts.
- Limit your signature to four lines of text or links. No links to commercial sites with an exception for site sponsors. Limit of one image no larger than 40 x 40 pixels. Keep your signature clean and non religious or political.
- Rules for posting build logs…please read the pinned topics in each of those forums for the appropriate guidelines. Keep your build logs on topic and refrain from useless banter and chit-chat. Its not Facebook. Use the Shore Leave forum for that stuff.