Hello all,

As many of you know company C.Mamoli (producer of Mamoli model kits) completely burn down two years back.

I would like to inform you that this week after long time negotiations me and owners of C.Mamoli sign the contract for transfer license of all Mamoli model kits into my ownership.

As there are no parts which survived from the fire I have to start production from beginning and for this reason I cannot start production of all kits at the same time.

I plan to start production of MiniMamoli kits first which could be available in the Autumn and then I would like to add step by step also the kits from MV series. I also plan to redesign some MV kits into contemporary standards.

Best regards

Daniel Dusek

Very nice news, congratulations on the expansion.

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.

Congratulations and well-done the negotiations, Daniel.  Will they keep the Mamoli brand name?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

That's excellent news Daniel!

You must now have a HUGE pile of work ahead of you. Are the Mini-Mamoli kits going to continue to use pre-carved hulls? Just curious.

I expect to find out that you'll be locked away in a ship model kit designing dungeon for many months to come!

Best of luck with the new product line. I'll be looking forward to seeing the new re-releases.

Clare

Clare Hess

He's a -> "HE"

Thanks guys for all coments and likes.

I plan to redesign some parts in the kits (especialy some which was produced from metal and could be easily produced from wood), also I would like to redesign skeletons of the hull of some ships (using of precut gun ports and etc.). The models will still sell under the Mamoli brand and MiniMamoli kit will have pre-carved hulls.

Daniel

This is awesome news. Mamoli are my favorite brand Thank you for taking them under your wing.well done!!!

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

Also maby do away with kits such as the Blue shadow and Portsmouth Brigs? They are the same ship just different names. Just my opinion.

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

Jan, the basic configuration will stay the same like it is now because the plans are not in some CAD file but mainly hand made drawings and big rebuild would be too difficult and economicaly disadvantageous. I plan to redesign mainly the skeleton of the hull, new keel and posts of some models and then partial parts as for example gun carriages, gratings, capstans, maybe ships boat for bigger kits and similar details which are often replaced by scratch build.

Scott, it will depend on sales, sometimes it is really interesting that fiction ships are better selling article than real ships ;)

Daniel

And Here I've been buying up Mamoli kits on ebay because I was assuming they would be gone forever, although the kits I bought I got for a small fraction of the original retail. I have yet to build any since I have like 19 other projects going on that I need to finish first. My first impressions from opening the box was that everything was very nice quality. 

Glad to hear the model line will continue. 

Next I'd be happy to hear someone buying Midwest's rights and restart production of their line. I got into the hobby with their kits and continue to build them with my own revisions for detail and accuracy. 

I would also recommend if possible selling the mamoli fittings alacarte as some of those parts would be of great use to scratch builders ;)

Build on hold: HM Sultana 1/64th scale

Current Build: 31 ton Doughty revenue cutter as USRC Active 1/64th scale (in progress)

Future Interests: Ballahoo, Diligence, Halifax and beyond...

Awesome news! Ala carte parts would be great, also maybe you could bring back the pre colored wood for the Golden Hind kit, they switched to cardboard. In any case thanks for saving the Mamoli Kit line!

Edited by cdogg

Casey

"I drank what?" - Socrates

Current Builds:  

Finished Builds: 

Future Builds:        

• Mamoli Golden Hind
  • Mamoli Black Prince
  • AL Swift

So the largest challenge that Mamoli kits seemed to have is over the really bad English translations. I am assuming you will also be rewriting all the instructions. That is going to be quite a challenge!

Congratulations on picking up the mantle. It is great that the Mamoli name will continue. Where will you be manufacturing the kits?

Bill

Chantilly, VA

Its not the size of the ship, but the bore of the cannon!

Current Build: Scratch Build Brig Eagle

Completed Build Log: USS Constitution - Mamoli

Completed Build Gallery: USS Constitution - Mamoli

Congratulations! That is great news to hear and it sounds like you are going to be able to return to the hobby a great source for ship kits and make them even better. I look forward to seeing their return and being able to contribute by picking up a couple. ;)

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Three cheers for Daniel! Hipip Horay! !!:)

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

What a wonderfull News. I was always a fan of mamoli. Especialy their choice of models. A lot of them you won't find at other ship model producers. I like especialy their models of french ships.

Building: San Felipe

my build log: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/2586-san-felipe-by-robboxxx-mantua-panart-severely-kit-bashed/

Waiting in the wings:

Lauckstreets: Fair American

Mamoli's: Royal Louis

• 2 weeks later...

I applaud your improvements! Looking forward to the new releases.

Bob

"Even while the storm raged at it's worst, my ship was wholesome and noble." - Captain Joshua Slocum

Current Builds:

L'Hermione 1780 - 1:89 - Artesania Latina   http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10261-hermione-la-fayette-1780-by-bobstrake-artesania-latina-scale-189/#entry305929<p>

Louise - 1:26 - Constructo  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/11855-louise-by-bobstrake-constructo-scale-126/?p=360370

Completed Builds:

Carmen 1850 - 1:80 - Constructo - First Build   http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10398-carmen-1850-by-bobstrake-constructo-scale-180/#entry31137