I was just looking through some articles and was wondering if the 2014 issue of the Shipwright annual would be published anytime soon.  I found this article on the Conway site.

http://www.conwaypublishing.com/?p=7179

And then found this article:

http://www.conwaypublishing.com/?p=7177

Sad to see this disappear as it seemed like a good publication covering a wide variety of topics.

I sent this comment to Conway:

Please pass on my sincere thanks to John for having made such a significant contribution to the ship modelling publishing world. In the early days of Model Shipwright, this was my only window into what others were doing in the field. Working in isolation, Model Shipwright was a valuable tool for me as well as many others, I am sure.

Every best wish to John in his well-earned retirement.
Edited by druxey

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Although I have only been in the hobby for approximately 4 years, I relished reading my copies of Conway's Annual Shipwright - always cover-to-cover. I was impressed with such valuable and fascinating information as well as superb graphic presentation.

I, too, am sad that there will be no 2014 issue. Perhaps someone can take up the job and continue with the superb editorial; I remain a loyal subscriber to Shipwright should publishing be resumed in the future. Paper or digital, es macht nichts.

Ron

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks - I missed this post when it originally was up.

I just found out. Hopefully they will resume next year (2015).

I've got every issue from #1 through 2013. They're an invaluable resource

Sam

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNDER DEVELOPMENT