Top-notch TurboCAD training videos - free.

All, as some of you are aware through prior posts I am struggling with learning TurboCAD software for 2D use in lofting/drawing ship plans from blueprints. I wanted to share a recent bonanza with you. I stumbled across a CNC machine site that happened to provide basic training on TurboCAD. It is the best stuff I have found so far as a general introduction to TC.

http://www.legacycncwoodworking.com/lifetime-training-tutorials/

Focus on the ones with “TurboCAD Class…”. I hope you find them as effective as I do.

Wiley

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the pleasure of training die designers in the forging industry on 2D and 3D CAD programs and the best advice I can give to learning any CAD program is to start with simple objects, the reasoning is so you become familiar with the menu, the tools and how to use them. The tendency for first time users is to start off with something big or complicated and you become frustrated or loose interest because you don't know how to use the menu or CAD features and ultimately the CAD program ends up in the wood pile.

Current project: Retired

www.howefamily.com