Corsair by Garward - FINISHED - OcCre

SAILS

Sails from a kit are replaced completely. New sails are sewed from fabric percale. After installation in a place of a sail are serially impregnated with strongly diluted PVA glue and are dried (are blown) by the hair dryer for giving of camber to them.

post-215-0-17778200-1362822414.jpg

post-215-0-64768400-1362822423.jpg

Edited by Garward

Best regards,

Garward

Is under construction Montanes

Ready models Golden Star Corsair San Francisco II

Bronze 24-pdr canone Le Fleuron

Bronze 24-pdr canone Le Fleuron (second version)

COMPLETION OF CONSTRUCTION

post-215-0-89887700-1362837668.jpg

post-215-0-86117000-1362837765.jpg

Best regards,

Garward

Continuation

post-215-0-98366200-1362837856.jpg

post-215-0-16044500-1362837879.jpg

Edited by Garward

Best regards,

Garward

I received a nameplate for construction of this model from OcCre firm.

With a nameplate from OcCre firm the interesting story turned out: when I found in Montanes kit gun trunks from galleons of the 16th eyelid, to my indignation there was no limit and I wrote OcCre letter with a request to replace trunks with the 18th centuries corresponding to the end. I didn't receive the answer to this letter and wrote one more letter in which mentioned, what one their kit - Corsair already built, and in it guns corresponded to the historical period, so why such mistake in Montanes bole-less? After long expectation I received an envelope with a nameplate on Corsair and the letter in which it was reported that they are very glad to my choice of models of their firm and in this regard encourage me with this piece of wood. Everything, is more half of words. As I found out then from colleagues on MSW which wrote on different model firms, quickly enough rejected details change or shortage, in all other cases reaction of firms the zero is eliminated. Here so I became the owner of a nameplate.

post-215-0-28868300-1362843127_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Garward

Continuation

Corsair in a house interior

post-215-0-47829800-1362915665_thumb.jpg

Edited by Garward

Best regards,

Garward

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Garward,

Its a shame the build log of this ship was lost, she's beautiful.

The main comment and most outstanding part of this ship is the Sails. When I first became intrigued by model ship building I thought, why would anyone build a tall ship and leave the sails off. As I've grown in knowledge I find that sometime the sails are left off or are furled so that the rigging can be better show. I also believe that many do not hang sail because so often they look dead.

I am amaxed at the LIFE in your sails. They look as though your Corsair is in wind. You have done a beautiful job in forming the sails so that they look very Realistic. The billows and ripples in the foresails is especially pleasing to the eyes.

You mentioned glue and a hair dryer for sail shaping. did you also stain/colour them with something also? They have a perfect tone to there color as if they have seen real sea time.

Any information additional information on how you achieved the beautiful shaped sails would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Captain Garward, Sir, for showing us another inspiring build.

Wow that looks really great

Many thanks for an assessment!

Best regards,

Garward

Hello Garward,

Its a shame the build log of this ship was lost, she's beautiful.

The main comment and most outstanding part of this ship is the Sails. When I first became intrigued by model ship building I thought, why would anyone build a tall ship and leave the sails off. As I've grown in knowledge I find that sometime the sails are left off or are furled so that the rigging can be better show. I also believe that many do not hang sail because so often they look dead.

I am amaxed at the LIFE in your sails. They look as though your Corsair is in wind. You have done a beautiful job in forming the sails so that they look very Realistic. The billows and ripples in the foresails is especially pleasing to the eyes.

You mentioned glue and a hair dryer for sail shaping. did you also stain/colour them with something also? They have a perfect tone to there color as if they have seen real sea time.

Any information additional information on how you achieved the beautiful shaped sails would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Captain Garward, Sir, for showing us another inspiring build.

Hi, Keith! Many thanks for the comment! New sails sewed percale from fabric and are painted in tea solution. After installation in a place each sail, since bottom, became impregnated with very diluted PVA glue and dried (with heating) the hair dryer for camber giving on them. The direction and force of a stream of heated air of the hair dryer formed camber of a sail.

Best regards,

Garward

Thanks you for the details Garward.

Its hard to believe just the wind for the hair dryer formed such beautiful effects. I guess it shapes and sets the glue at the same time. The ripples in the 2 front foresails look like they are rippling in the wind as it slices the wind. Just amazing. The tea stains are also the perfect finishing touch.

Thanks you for the details Garward.

Its hard to believe just the wind for the hair dryer formed such beautiful effects. I guess it shapes and sets the glue at the same time. The ripples in the 2 front foresails look like they are rippling in the wind as it slices the wind. Just amazing. The tea stains are also the perfect finishing touch.

Force of a warm wind - great force, in any case quite suffices it quickly to dry up PVA glue and to record camber of sails :) .

Best regards,

Garward