Surabaya by Piet - 1/80 - Mid 17th-Century VOC ship

Hello Piet, we just tipped a Leffe Blond in your direction toasting a very Happy Birthday again. Wish we were there to share such a monumental event....Proost!

John & Diane

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

Hope you had a very happy & blessed Birthday Piet!

Jesse

Current build: Syren : Kit- Model Shipways

Side project: HMS Bounty - Revel -(plastic)

On hold: Pre-owned, unfinished Mayflower (wood)

Past builds: Scottish Maid - AL- 1:50, USS North Carolina Battleship -1/350  (plastic),   Andromede - Dikar (wood),   Yatch Atlantic - 14" (wood),   Pirate Ship - 1:72 (plastic),   Custom built wood Brig from scratch - ?(3/4" =1'),   4 small scratch builds (wood),   Vietnamese fishing boat (wood)   & a Ship in a bottle

Thank you all for the best wishes in reaching 82 years of life.  I made dinner for a change, something I wanted to try.  Baked wild salmon in with Dijon / maple syrup dressing, rice pilaf, carrots in maple syrup and a green bean salad with a Dijon - balsamic dressing.  Yummo!

John Texxn5, I felt the vibes and I hoisted a Leffe dark.

Yeah, sorry for leaving yuns in suspense about my secret project.  Still a few more things I need to test and try before I can go ahead and post the new build log.

All y'all try staying in good health.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Killing me softly with his ......

the suspense is difficult to bear, Piet ... you shouldn't torture people so much ... there should be a law against it!!! Can hardly wait ...

Cheers

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Piet,

Rats - I take a few days away from MSW and miss your birthday. A belated best wishes and I hope to see much more of your inspirational work to come. :)

Ian M.

Current build: HMS Unicorn  (1748) - Corel Kit

Advice from my Grandfather to me. The only people who don't make mistakes are those who stand back and watch. The trick is not to repeat the error. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Carl, Ian, Jan and Lawrence for the birthday wishes.  Gwen and I didn't do anything special but I cooked dinner and enjoyed that with a glass of wine. 

Yes, i am still very busy with yard work.  Had to reduce the height of my 5 Sweet Viburnum bushes that have grown into 30 foot trees.  They are now just bare stumps at shoulder height.  They should come back again and this time I'll keep them in control.

I haven't been to the bench for a few weeks now but there is still a lot more work to do in the yard.

Cheers,

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Man alive, a bunch of comedians ;)  Well, I left myself wide open for that one, good one Jan :D

Still busy with - uhm, yard work and yesterday had to fix my bicycle, fixed the front inner tube.  Funny this is that the patch kit is only 2 Dollars less then a new tube.  So I bought that as well.  Now I have a spare.

I did manage to finally draw the lion on that piece of boxwood.  Think I should practice first on a piece of junk wood, hate to ruin that nice piece of boxwood.

Still playing with that side project, trying different ways to accomplish something extremely tedious.  Pulling the few hairs out that I still have left :rolleyes:

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

it'a like sandpaper to wood Piet............sooner or later,  we'll wear you down  :D  :D :D      I'll tell ya one of mine?!?!?!?  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Patience, patience my friends.  Gwen is muttering about so many things that need to be done around the house.  All yuns know what that means - right?  Better go and make busy with the things she's mentioning - - - otherwise be afraid, be very afraid :o

It'll come in due time, a new build log!

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Maybe it will be overdue by that time ...? You are certain it hasn't got an expiry date ...? Wouldn't wanna waist nuttin' ...

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lawrence for dropping in and checking up on me.  Yeah, no bodily harm to my 82 year old tanned Adonis like bod ;)  Just been very busy with our much neglected yard as well as helping my neighbor.  I had to cut back the VERY overgrown hedge on the north side of the back yard from 25 feet to hip height.  Had to remove a very pesky ground cover in the front yard and still need to do some major work at the draining ditch.  All heavy manual labor, but I'm taking it slow and easy.

I did manage to do a very quick sketch of the bow lion on a piece of boxwood though.  I do plan to first carve the lion from a piece of basswood or plain old pine.  Once I'm sure that I can produce a decent carving then I'll use this special chunk of boxwood.

My other special project is close for the disclosure and another build log.  One more item I need to do though before that event. I think I'll take tomorrow off and do that.  Then figuring out how to start a new build log  B) 

post-1399-0-81536800-1463453667_thumb.jpg

Cheers,    

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Hi Piet

Good to hear from you.

Can I please reserve my seat early for your new build log???

Cheers

Patrick

Piet,

Do you take reservations ...? I want to sit next to Patrick.

Cheers

Carl

Hello Patrick and Carl, thanks for dropping in.

Next build is coming soon, just one more item and then I can start a second log.  Of course you can always join in the fun here, plenty of space.  I think this project will speak more to Patrick and Igor for obvious reasons.  However, I hope that everyone will also like my efforts.

I'm still very occupied with my outside activities but there is light at the end of the tunnel - - - and it's not a train or bus ;)

My thanks also for all who clicked the like button.

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Missed your birthday, sorry Piet.

Als nog van Harte!!!!

ps the goodies arrived and I am perfectly happy.

BTW very nice build!!

Rgds Hans.

Hello Patrick and Carl, thanks for dropping in.

Next build is coming soon, just one more item and then I can start a second log.  Of course you can always join in the fun here, plenty of space.  I think this project will speak more to Patrick and Igor for obvious reasons.  However, I hope that everyone will also like my efforts.

I'm still very occupied with my outside activities but there is light at the end of the tunnel - - - and it's not a train or bus ;)

My thanks also for all who clicked the like button.

Cheers,

Intriguing!!!

Oh, really ... I find it nerve wracking!!! I toss and turn, and wonder ... I can't go anymore nuts than I already am!!!

Ok, Ok, Ok, I must admit that I was trying to sound laid back and sophisticated by using the word "Intriguing".  Deep down, of course, I'm exactly the same as you!  

C'mon Piet!  Show us!!!!

Hmm.... Igor & Patrick......... something in a bottle????

Jesse

Current build: Syren : Kit- Model Shipways

Side project: HMS Bounty - Revel -(plastic)

On hold: Pre-owned, unfinished Mayflower (wood)

Past builds: Scottish Maid - AL- 1:50, USS North Carolina Battleship -1/350  (plastic),   Andromede - Dikar (wood),   Yatch Atlantic - 14" (wood),   Pirate Ship - 1:72 (plastic),   Custom built wood Brig from scratch - ?(3/4" =1'),   4 small scratch builds (wood),   Vietnamese fishing boat (wood)   & a Ship in a bottle