Mirabell61

SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse-(short KWdG)-1897-1914-by Nils Langemann-scale 1:144-POF-first German four stacker of the Norddeutscher Lloyd line

2,176 posts in this topic

This is to sincerely thank  - Steve - Keith - Rob - Grant - John - Daddyrabbit - Hartmut - Mark - Patrick - Greg, .......

I am simply overwhelmed with so much appreciation and compliments and am pleased the model (even if not completed yet) is so much liked

Steve,

thanks for following on regularly, glad you like it....

Keith,

as she is laying alongside of the fitting out quay, nows the time for adding many details that were going round in my mind....

Rob,

if they wish, MSW members can book a free first ride...

Grant,

thanks for your kind words...

John,

there shall be lots of small detail adding, the command bridge shall be a bit tricky, as well as the ships boats

Daddyrabbit,

I`m quite pleased she worked out meeting my own approval in that scale (I had some doubts in the beginning)

Hartmut,

thanks for your kind compliment...

Mark,

nice words, much appreciated, many thanks to you..

Patrick,

thanks so much for your nice words...

Greg,

thanks for following the build and your kind compliments along with the progress...

Nils

16 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

super progress since I last looked in Nils!    really looks sweet!

Thank you very much Denis,

made 2 additional smaller watertanks for the aft boatsdeck today and added the fill- and discharge tubes on all three

Nils

DSCI4701.thumb.JPG.acbd19ade60a0ee6b6a9fc1d9e8a32d4.JPG

DSCI4703.thumb.JPG.586350f73b1702f13376b2311ac17def.JPG

neptune, Dubz, druxey and 27 others like this

Nils

I sincerely believe you are an even greater humble gentleman than extraordinary modeler, if that is possible.

It's exemplary threads like yours that make me happy and proud to read forums like these.  

small update :

all the fastening points for the funnel guy wires are placed. In order to check if they go clear with the structures and they do`nt foul the vents and the boats, I put on preliminary thin polyester threads that resemble the tin coated steel wires that will be attached in their place and each one spanned with its own buckle screw. It looks like all is clear to go....

Nils

DSCI4704.thumb.JPG.f1e4f082029cb402a6064bbd476aff88.JPG

DSCI4705.thumb.JPG.d552c4ac1d976b06d8477e9b56f3bcc1.JPG

DSCI4706.thumb.JPG.e0fa867d458f8d420392bb2184af6d3a.JPG

DSCI4707.thumb.JPG.3bced0b112ef4c8f9c17ddf3c5b210cc.JPG

DSCI4708.thumb.JPG.2a5950eeeb2b8514b4b81c97180702c6.JPG

jbshan, albert, gjdale and 31 others like this

41 minutes ago, cog said:

Very impressive, Nils. She's starting to look "all dressed up". I would have expected those "funnel stays" to have something to tighten up the tension, or slacken it for that matter.

Cheers

Thanks Carl,

please ref to my post-text  #2112,  for tightening the wires there will be turnbuckle screws attached to the deck, (Spannschrauben) for each "funnel stay".

These black threads are only preliminary for checking reasons as mentioned....

Nils

8 hours ago, cog said:

Very impressive, Nils. She's starting to look "all dressed up". I would have expected those "funnel stays" to have something to tighten up the tension, or slacken it for that matter.

Cheers

Hi Carl,

in answer to your earlier question, I would like to provide this illustration :

this is what the funnel guy wires will be like, here I started with funnel 3 + 4

The steel wires are 0,3 mm diam. normaly used for wire controlled model aircraft. The fact that they are tin-galvanized coated provides excellent soldering possibilities. The buckle screws are smallest I could find (M1,4 left /right thread), I blackened these chemically.

The small center drilled nickel beads are from a fashion jewelery store

Nils

DSCI4711.thumb.JPG.155a0f1185f06599e60768fa57e6c522.JPG

tadheus, rafine, EdT and 27 others like this

Hi Nils -- Fabulous!  What your work shows me is that a ship from the early 20th century has its own grace, and is no less complex than one of those architectural beauties of the 18th century (such as your own Pegasus).

It's all very, very fascinating.

Martin

Fantastic job on the guy wires Nils.  Good work practice to test alignment first, before fixing the permanent wires.   Saves a load of headaches.

Rob(Launch date is soon arriving ....)

Chasseur, mtaylor, neptune and 5 others like this