Billing No.514 Niels Juel

Izzy Madd

Ahoy there, S.O.S.

I'm seeking help for a thirty four year old kit. The Billing 514 Niels Juel. Long out of production and as far as I can tell as common as hens teeth embedded in rocking horse droppings.

I've just bought an old kit but apart from the fact it's been somewhere damp. All I know is the bulkhead is all that was ever made.

But that means I've got the last half of a lovely vintage kit.

What I'm needing to save this boat from the breakers yard is 1500 brass pins, no big problem there. And a cutting list for the missing parts.

Administrators. I'm not asking for plans or cutting list for a model that can be bought. It's long been out if production so I'm not trying to get a boat kit for free. I'm just trying to save what is a spares kit at the moment. But I want to turn into a model. If this goes against policy please delet this thread.

So that said can anyone help with an acurate plan of wooden parts as Billing do nowadays?

Please help me save this lost and set to be sent to the breakers yard for spares boat.

Ongoing builds,

SCutty Sark Revell 1/350 (Mini Nannie)

Cutty Sark Airfix 1/130 (Big Sis)

Will (Everard) Billings 1/65 but with wooden bottom, because I can

If no one can help with an image can someone please tell me what type of boat it is.

post-18378-0-21241200-1432916289_thumb.jpg

Ongoing builds,

I plucked this info from a Dutch forum.  The person building it had contacted Billing Boats in order to obtain building instructions in pdf.

This is the discription as per forum modelbouwers.nl

'Quote:'

De Deense vissersboot Niels Juel H. 137 werd in 1887 te Gilleleje aan de noordkust van Seeland op de werf Ferdinand Carlsen & David Anderson voor Theodor Wassard uit Kobenhavn gebouwd.
De Niels Juel was ongeveer 37 voet (ca. 11 m) lang, woog 16,5 ton en had een geklonken romp. Oorspronkelijk uitgerust met 1 grootzeil, 1 stagfok, 3 kluivers en 1 topzeil, werd dit later veranderd in 1 grootzeil en 1 fok, hiernaar is dit model gemaakt.
In 1906 werd er een 8pk petroleummoter ingebouwd.
Na in 1931 verkocht te zijn aan een rokerij en visexporteur uit Gilleleje, nam in 1934 een schipper uit Skaelskor het schip over.
Op 9 april 1940 zonk de Niels Juel op een reis met politieke vluchtelingen van Denemarken naar Zweden in de met ijsschotsen bedekte Öresund nadat ze door de Wehrmacht beschoten was. De bemanning kon zich op een ijsschots redden.

Schaal: 1:25
Lengte: 65cm
Breedte: 18cm
Hoogte: 62cm

':Unquote'

Translated it says:

The Danish Fishing vessel Niels Juel H 137 was built in 1887 in Gilleleje (north east coast of Seeland) in the shipyard of Ferdinand Carlsen & David Anderson for Theodor Wassard from Kobenhavn (Kopenhaven).
It measured 37 voet (ca. 11 m) lang, had a displacement of 16,5 ton and was clinker (klinker?) built . Originally fitted with 1 main sail, staysail, 3 jibs and a topsail.  This was later changed to 1 mainsail and 1 staysail, which is the basis of this model

In 1906 an 8pk petrol engine was fitted.

It was sold to a fish smoking and exporting buisiness from Gilleleje in 1931, and resold again to a local scipper  in 1934.
On 9th of april 1940 the Niels Juel sank on a trip carrying political refugees from Denmark to Sweden in the ice covered Öresund after being attacked by the German Wehrmacht.

Scale: 1:25
Length: 65cm
Width: 18cm
Height: 62cm

Hope this helps

Peter

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam

Slainte gu mhath

L.H.

I plucked this info from a Dutch forum.  The person building it had contacted Billing Boats in order to obtain building instructions in pdf.

This is the discription as per forum modelbouwers.nl

'Quote:'

De Deense vissersboot Niels Juel H. 137 werd in 1887 te Gilleleje aan de noordkust van Seeland op de werf Ferdinand Carlsen & David Anderson voor Theodor Wassard uit Kobenhavn gebouwd.

De Niels Juel was ongeveer 37 voet (ca. 11 m) lang, woog 16,5 ton en had een geklonken romp. Oorspronkelijk uitgerust met 1 grootzeil, 1 stagfok, 3 kluivers en 1 topzeil, werd dit later veranderd in 1 grootzeil en 1 fok, hiernaar is dit model gemaakt.

In 1906 werd er een 8pk petroleummoter ingebouwd.

Na in 1931 verkocht te zijn aan een rokerij en visexporteur uit Gilleleje, nam in 1934 een schipper uit Skaelskor het schip over.

Op 9 april 1940 zonk de Niels Juel op een reis met politieke vluchtelingen van Denemarken naar Zweden in de met ijsschotsen bedekte Öresund nadat ze door de Wehrmacht beschoten was. De bemanning kon zich op een ijsschots redden.

Schaal: 1:25

Lengte: 65cm

Breedte: 18cm

Hoogte: 62cm

':Unquote'

Translated it says:

The Danish Fishing vessel Niels Juel H 137 was built in 1887 in Gilleleje (north east coast of Seeland) in the shipyard of Ferdinand Carlsen & David Anderson for Theodor Wassard from Kobenhavn (Kopenhaven).

It measured 37 voet (ca. 11 m) lang, had a displacement of 16,5 ton and was clinker (klinker?) built . Originally fitted with 1 main sail, staysail, 3 jibs and a topsail.  This was later changed to 1 mainsail and 1 staysail, which is the basis of this model

In 1906 an 8pk petrol engine was fitted.

It was sold to a fish smoking and exporting buisiness from Gilleleje in 1931, and resold again to a local scipper  in 1934.

On 9th of april 1940 the Niels Juel sank on a trip carrying political refugees from Denmark to Sweden in the ice covered Öresund after being attacked by the German Wehrmacht.

Scale: 1:25

Length: 65cm

Width: 18cm

Height: 62cm

Hope this helps

Peter

Hi thanks for that. It helps alot as my dutch is worse than my english and thats bad enough. If its from the same person as i found "ronnie_b" then i know in 2010 he had a photo of the very parts i need im just struggling to get in touch with him? As my dutch failed the robot test.

Ongoing builds,

Unless. You either want some billing spares or have access to a cutting list for this model then I give up.

RIP "Niels Juel"

Ongoing builds,

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...