18th Century Longboat by Erik W - FINISHED - Model Shipways - Scale 1:48 - First wooden ship build

Eric, she came out absolutely gorgeous. That is some nice work. I really like the simulated caulking, that came out really nice. Now, on to bigger and better things.I agree with Mike, you have some real potential talent and your next project should be great. The Cheerful sounds like a great plan.

Carry on matey,

Paul

Beautifully done Erik! Having seen some photos of your other projects it comes as no surprise that you would build a Longboat to be proud of. I'm really looking forward to following your next project, whatever that might be.

Mike

Edited by Stuntflyer

Current build - Sloop Speedwell 1752 (POF)

Completed builds - 18 Century Longboat (POB) , HM Cutter Cheerful  1806 (POB), HMS Winchelsea 1764 (POB)

Member: Ship Model Society of New Jersey

Sweet Erik.. A beautiful build.  it really is hard to believe this is your first build.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Congratulations Erik, a truly lovely build. Like many others, I look forward to seeing your next build.

Very nice looking job Eric. I shall look forward to your next build!

Best, Ian

Well done, Erik. Like the others, I look forward to your next build.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Erik,

Nice finish! Having Chuck around is an amazing help!

What is now waiting to be touched and built by your hands and fingers?

Happy Ending of this year!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Wow!  Thanks for all the kind words.  As far as a next build, my plan is to throw my hat into the ring with all the other Cheerful builders.   :)   I'm working on getting my ducks in a row now with what I need from Chuck, and Jason at Crown Timberyard.

Erik

• 3 weeks later...

I found your build log today. Really nice build and a beautyful model. Very well done

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Christian,

Thanks for the kinds words!  I'm happy with the results.  And I'm looking forward to making progress on my more involved second build, HM Cheerful: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12512-hm-cutter-cheerful-1806-by-erik-w-148-scale/?p=378598

Erik

• The title was changed to 18th Century Longboat by Erik W - FINISHED - Model Shipways - Scale 1:48 - First wooden ship build