Deadeye Diameter and Thickness based on Shroud Size?

I have a set of plans and pages of tables for all the rigging used on a ship I want to model. Problem is that there is no mention anywhere of the dimensions (diameter and thickness) of the deadeyes. I could measure the deck level deadeyes on the hull plans, but that's not reliable and doesn't help with the top mast and topgallant mast deadeyes.

Is there a formula relating the deadeye dimensions to the size (circumference or diameter) of the shroud or back stay that will be attached to it? I know the three holes will need to provide clearance for a lanyard about half the diameter of the shroud.

I already solved a similar problem with the blocks which don't have their sizes listed either, by using a simple formula. The sheave thickness is 1.1 times the rope diameter and the block dimensions are multiples of that thickness: length, 8x; width (across the cheek), 6x; and thickness (through axle), 4x and add two sheave thicknesses (one each for the sheave and spacer) for double, triple, etc. Seems to me that deadeyes would have an even easier formula.

post-70-0-74663700-1362476559.jpg

Current Builds:  ESMERALDA Chilean Navy School Ship, 1/640 in a bottle

insanity Dan Clapp's hard water race boat in a bottle

Completed Build:  Prairie Schooner OGALLALA 1/96 in a bottle

Research Project:  Cruizer-class Brig-Sloops

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks, John. That was what I was looking for. The diameter correlates pretty closely with what I was getting by scaling off the drawing depending on whether I measured to inside, outside or center of the rather fat lines on my drawing - 12 to 15 inches for 9 inch circumference shrouds but not close enough for sure.

Thanks again to all.

Dave

The length of the blocks varies with the times and with those in the 17th century being as long as 12 times the size of the rope used to go through them. Over time changed were made in the sizes and shape of blocks. When wire replace rope, changes again took place. 

Granted; just like everything else on sailing vessels, there was an evolution, but that formula works well for late 18th century through 20th century wooden blocks for hemp rope. My project is a Napoleonic era warship.