Advice on next build

xander

I wouldn't worry about that so much. With laser cut you will have black eding to clean up but for the bulkheads you can use this to stop you removing too much when shaping them to the curve of the hull.

I would pick the kit taking into account your interest, hull shape having easy lines, overall quality and instructions.

Current Build(s):

• H.M.S Diana 1794 - Caldercraft 1:64 Scale

Completed Builds:

Thanks for thr reply. I live in the UK and one of the AL kits had wooden parts which could only removed from the street by breaking them.

I thought that if they had been laser cut this problem would not have occurred.

Xander,

Gently cut them free with a #11 Xacto type blade.  You'll have this probem with laser cut, CNC cut, or stamp cut.   The wood around the pieces protect them.  It's just takes a wee bit of time to cut them loose.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Mark

Thanks for that reply. I was given a old kit and probably stamp cut. The sheet of wood was 5mm thick and the parts were curved railings.

But the depth of the cut was only a fraction of a mm hence I wasn't able to cut it out with a knife and ended up breaking it.

I presume most newer kits won't have this problem.