plans for a 1/48th scale HMS Victory

Hobbie

There was a book called "HMS Victory, Restoration and Repair", I think, by a guy named Bugler or Buglar, that had a full set of twenty-six official 1/4" scale plans from the 1970s. That book is kinda rare though. They were the official plans of the ship as restored.

They are a two volume set. There are two on E-bay right now: $349 and $583, both Buy-It Now. Expensive, but the NMM will charge you nearly $90 for just one oversized sheet.

Edited by uss frolick

Yes the Bugler book and folio of plans is hard to find and usually will cost about $500. Be aware that the plans show Victory as restored, not as originally built, and now disputed as showing her as she was at Trafalgar.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

You can buy 1/48 plans here:  https://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/16939/hms-victory-sy21-static-sail-plan

Actually most are 1/96 but the frames/sections are the full size for 1/48.  These are the plans that are associated with Longridge's book (usual disclaimer)

thanks for the info guys and Omega 1234, im still learning this sight but interested in the Mckay plans   thank you

the 1/48 victory is an after retirement project i still have to build several kits before that,  almost finished with a Spanish galleon for a family member

im just getting all the resources i can together. I will be visiting the Victory in October this year and lots of detail pics will be taken, at least where they will let me take them.     thanks again  

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The plans used in Longridges book are available again in the UK: Here  Mostly drawn to 1/96 scale but the frame drawings are full size for 1/48 scale.

(Worth a look at Sarik Hobbies - Who now carry all the plans from the now defunct Model and Allied Publications in the UK - they also have plans for several other scale sailing ships - usual disclaimer, I have nothing to do with them apart from being a satisfied customer.)