Majellan by Omega1234 - Luxury 37 metre Motor Yacht - 1/200 Miniature 7 inches approx - Finished

WOW........AMAZING........ Such detail........ Excellent craftsmanship.

I like it.

Marc

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

That was a very fun build to follow Patrick! Time for another one to satisfy the audience! :D

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Great looking props Patrick, what diameter are they?   Very rarely have I seen contra rotating propellers on multi engine aircraft.  I think there was one but forgot now, too long ago.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

she looks awesome on her stand.......you truly have created a wonderful model.   It'll be interesting what project you do next  ;)

a superb showpiece indeed!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Everyone else said what could say, Patrick.  Just a fantastic amazing model.  I love the display stand.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

G'day Patrick

Bloody brilliant idea about your invisible stand!

It's suits your marvelous boat to the T. The whole thing is a complete credit to you memattieee. Congratulations on a very impressive job.

You're setting the bench mark high for you next endeavor my friend, but I know that you are up to it.

Havagoodfather'day on Sunday.

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Looking very nice, Patrick!

I'll echo the comments that I can't wait to see what else you could possibly do to finish her, and, of course, can't wait to see what you're planning next!

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

Thanks Ben!

Just a few minor tweaks and improvements.  Nothing major, but it's stuff that needs to get done, to truly finish her off.

BTW - my new boat, Shadow, has just been started.  You're most welcomed to join her journey via her Build Log.

Cheers

Patrick

Beautiful work Patrick, Well done 

Best Regards,

Pete 

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

G'day Patrick, a fantastic accomplishment, I've enjoyed your log, I've just come over from your new build and if she turns out half as good as  Majellan she will be a cracker,

best regards John.

Hi John

Many thanks - I've loved building Majellan.  Whilst she's far from perfect, the experience that I've gained from building a modern multi-decked ship (as opposed to my multi-decked sailing ships such as Victory, Lennox, Pandora, etc, has been invaluable and will put me in good stead when building my next model, Shadow.

All the best!

Cheers

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

Patrick,

This would be considered excellent workmanship even if the boat was twice its size.  At the size it is  - it is extraordinary. Fantastic job.

Gary

Current Build   Pelican Eastern-Rig Dragger  

Completed Scratch Builds

Rangeley Guide Boat   New England Stonington Dragger   1940 Auto Repair Shop   Mack FK Shadowbox    

Patrick,

Many thanks Gary and welcome aboard!

Magellan was surely great fun to build and I'm glad you like her.

All the best.

Patrick

This would be considered excellent workmanship even if the boat was twice its size.  At the size it is  - it is extraordinary. Fantastic job.

Gary

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Julie

Thanks for dropping in and enjoying Majellan's journey! Your comments are greatly appreciated.

I've been following your J Class build in the Kit Forum as well. She's a beauty and your wood working skills are exemplary.

I've also built a model of another J Boat, Rainbow, (see the link below), so I know just how captivating these giant racing machines are!

I hope you can continue to follow along.

All the best!

Cheers

Patrick

When I saw your Rainbow I started laughing, at myself.  Here I bought the largest scale I could find because I had concerns about being able to work on something so small, then I see your Rainbow and I'm blown away... again.  I know you have a Honey I Shrunk the Kids machine hiding somewhere.  C'mon, fess up! ;)

I knew there were model builders with amazing skills out there but I had no idea just how amazing until I came here.  I am most often speechless.

Julie

First and only build: Endeavour - 1934 American's Cup, UK Challenger, J-Class - Amati 1:35

When I saw your Rainbow I started laughing, at myself.  Here I bought the largest scale I could find because I had concerns about being able to work on something so small, then I see your Rainbow and I'm blown away... again.  I know you have a Honey I Shrunk the Kids machine hiding somewhere.  C'mon, fess up! ;)

I knew there were model builders with amazing skills out there but I had no idea just how amazing until I came here.  I am most often speechless.

Hi Julie

Thanks, but now I'm blushing! I really appreciate your comments and like you, I'm constantly amazed (and sometimes envious) at the skills that other modellers have. I guess that's what makes MSW such a great place.

All the best!

Cheers Patrick

• 4 months later...

Nice Patrick, nice,  vera nize!! so now fess up where did you get the giant hand and giant fruit bowl that you often have in the backgrounds.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

58 minutes ago, michael mott said:

Nice Patrick, nice,  vera nize!! so now fess up where did you get the giant hand and giant fruit bowl that you often have in the backgrounds.

Michael

Ahhh! Giant hand and fruit bowl?  Michael...my secret's out, now LOL.

Thanks for the compliments!!!

Cheers

Patrick

you had me confused for a moment there........I had to look in your signature to see which one was which :D;)    very nice to see this complex model again.........I also see you've put 'er in the gallery as well.   Shadow is shaping up to be just as complex.  simply amazing the detail you add in these little beauties!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

8 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

you had me confused for a moment there........I had to look in your signature to see which one was which :D;)    very nice to see this complex model again.........I also see you've put 'er in the gallery as well.   Shadow is shaping up to be just as complex.  simply amazing the detail you add in these little beauties!

Thanks Denis

Greatly appreciated!  Sorry about the confusion, though.. I've been itching to put Majellan's photos in the Gallery, but somehow never bothered.  But, tonight, I thought 'what the heck, take some photos...'. So, I did.

Thanks also for your comments about Shadow.  I reckon she's even more complex than Majellan, but should still be heaps of fun to build.

All the best!

Cheers

Patrick

4 minutes ago, fnick said:

How you managed to cram all that detail in is beyond me. Stunning work indeed! 

Nick

Hey Nick!

Great to hear from you again.  Thanks for your comments about Majellan's level of detail.  

Much appreciated.

Cheers

Patrick

Hello Patrick

Congratulations! You have done an amazing job in building this beauty.

I am dreaming to sit there on the upper deck, watching the sunset and sipping my single malt, while the machines are singing their wonderful song.

Best regards 

Angarfather

on the : Staatenjacht Utrech

At last finished:

Gianna a Pinco Genovese

HMS Agamemnon

9 minutes ago, Angarfather said:

Hello Patrick

Congratulations! You have done an amazing job in building this beauty.

I am dreaming to sit there on the upper deck, watching the sunset and sipping my single malt, while the machines are singing their wonderful song.

Best regards 

Angarfather

Many thanks Angafather

I may actually join you with my own single malt on the Upper Deck.  

Nice to dream, isn't it?

Have a great week!

Cheers

Patrick

Congratulaions Patrick !

what a detailed, luxurious cruiser-jacht, never seen a modeler putting so much lovely fitting-out to the interior of his model..... :) :)

Well done !!

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50