Using Adobe Ilustrator

Anybody use this program ?

To me, it is very useful, considering I do not have technical education, and do not know to work with any type of CAD programs

I have bit mapped Campbell`s *.pdf plans which I was forced to rescale, and then - lines get thicker, so plans in details become ... hmm ... dingy for use in workshop

In AI I put cropped bitmap from original plans rescaled to 100% as a first layer, and then draw over it, in separate layers, and get really clean "technical" drawing which can be used in workshop, with possibility to print every layer separately 

MSW don`t allow to upload *.ai files, so here are two screenshots what I have got with AI

post-4738-0-46320800-1442480965.jpg

post-4738-0-03218200-1442480966.jpg

post-4738-0-28138500-1442481337_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-57386600-1442481335_thumb.jpg

When you learn basic commands of AI, all process comes pretty fast

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Hi Nenad.

Yes I use Illustrater . Started with solid works but the learning curve was to steep for me and my brain and my time.

Yes there are a lot of shortcuts to be used and finding them is not easy ..But it's A very nice CAD drawing tool.

You can save your files as a .pdf and then you can post it on MSW.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

I too have been using Illustrator for many years. I'd actually stopped using it for some time. Then, when I needed to create some drawings, I realized that I could do them in Illustrator, so I started up with it again. Had to relearn a few techniques along the way.

Among the uses for ship modeling, besides technical drawings, I've used it to create artwork for photo etching metal and I also used a laser cutting service that took my *.ai files directly and used them directly in the cutting process. Very handy!

Clare

Clare Hess

He's a -> "HE"