Sitzbank aus Eisen (Bench made of iron)

Google translate of the subject:

A bench made of iron

Google translate of the text:

A bench for three persons of iron forged on a scale of 13.47 for the Maerchenschiff.

The geschmiedetet iron is burnished.

-----------------------------

Beautiful work.

Hi Merchen,

aus welchem Material sind die Bank-teile ausgesägt ?, und wie wurden die Sägekanten so schön abgerundet ?

Transl.  from what material did you cut the bench parts? , and how did you round off the saw.edges so nicely ?

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Very nice.  Is that red wax in the first picture?

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

• 3 weeks later...

Merchen schreibt:

Das Werkstoff fuer die Sitzbank ist ST 37 Stahl, sterben Materialstaerke ist 2,5 mm.

Und mir ist noch ein Fehler unterlaufen in der Verhaeltnissgroesse: der Masstab ist 1 zu 14,34%, das % ist die Zahl zum Verhaeltnis von 1 auf 14,34 verkleinert!

Die rote Farbe ist kein "Wachs", ich benutze Farbstifte zum Zeichnen, weil dadurch ist für mich viel einfacher die dritte Dimension zu erkennen!

Das Werkzeug was ich benutzt habe, sind Sägeblaetter von den Goldschmieden 4,0 / 5,0 und 6/0.

Weitere Werkzeuge sind mit den Bildern dargestellt plus sehr kleine Feilen auch aus Goldschmieden-Handwerk.

Neben den Blechen benutze ich ausschliesslich alte Naegel aus Abbruch-Haeuser in verschiedenen Stärken weil das ist noch reines Eisen. Und mit speziellen Verfahren mache ich die Naegel platt (flach).

Falls jemand noch zu diesem Thema "Eisen" fragen hat, dann bitte in Zukunft mir auf meine persoenliche E-Mail-Adresse schreiben, siehe www.historische-schiffsmodelle.com

post-20443-0-10326100-1445265876_thumb.jpg

post-20443-0-89741000-1445265898_thumb.jpg

post-20443-0-15021200-1445265902_thumb.jpg

post-20443-0-22243000-1445265906_thumb.jpg

post-20443-0-62445800-1445265945_thumb.jpg

post-20443-0-26033500-1445265948_thumb.jpg

Crackers,

If you're using Windows, highlight the text and right click on it.  You should see and entry like "Translate with Bing" or "Translate with Google.  IF not, you can click on Tools and then "Manage Add-ons".  Find Accelerators.  The online translator should be in there and may need to be enabled.

But, this is an English forum...  I would suspect that if you went to a Russian or say, French forum, you get toasted a bit for writing in English. 

I've gone to some with questions, but I use Google Translate and note it in the text to help anyone wondering why my French/Russian/German is so bad...  :)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Being a German native speaker, I could help out too ...

Saw Ivan's post on the bench a while ago, but did not realise then that it related to his model of the 'Fairy Tale Boat' of King Ludwig II of Bavaria (http://www.historische-schiffsmodelle.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=28&Itemid=50) on which he has been working for the last few years. Last year, I had the opportunity to visit 'his' museum in Kressbronn at Lake Constance and to admire his workmanship ...

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg

I just checked out that site wefalck - all I can say is :omg:  :D .

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

I often wonder why the good Lord put so much talent in the hands of a few, and neglected to leave a little bit for the rest of us.

This is why the hobby, on the whole, is taken up by only a Relative Few - it leaves a vast remnant of of the Uninitiated who are still impressed by those of us with pedestrian skills.  ;)

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane