HMS Vulture 1776 Cross-section by Dan Vadas - 1:48 scale from TFFM books - FINISHED

Congratulation! excellent work Danny..

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)

Pikers, that beauty is worth at least a keg. Gorgeous workmanship there, Dan. Slainte. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Congratulations on another beautiful piece of craftsmanship and art.

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

Sorry I missed the last couple months of this wonderful build Danny. Been a bit under the weather for a while now, but congratulations on another absolutely beautiful cross-section to accompany the Vulture!  :)  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

great job...as usual.

Maury

Hi Danny.

Have been following along on your build.

Such high quality and attention to detail makes this one stunning model.

And a nice choice of timber that gives a nice contrasting look.

Congratulations on a fantastic build.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

• 4 weeks later...

I had the pleasure to see this gem of a model and catch up with Danny recently.  The photos do not do this model true justice; the workmanship and detail are superb.  

It was a great pleasure to meet Danny and put a face to the name; a true gentleman always willing to share his experience!

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

• 1 month later...

G'day Danny

Just catching up on missed logs. Been away for personal reasons for a few months or so.

Bloody brilliant is an Ozzie term that just doesn't express my true thoughts.

Thank you again for sharing this with us and also for your indepth logs. They are a true treasure trove of wisdom for me.

Can't wait for your next masterpiece.

Havagooday

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Hi Danny,

I'm catching up myself. I have to join the chorus and say it's another first rate job. I also want to add my thanks. You not only give something to aspire to, but show us how to do it.

BTW, what's next in shipyard?

Best,

John

Member:

Connecticut Marine Model Society

Nautical Research Guild

Model Ship World

"So we beat on, boats against the current, bourne back ceaselessly into the past" F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby

"If at first you don’t succeed.......skydiving is probably not for you”

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all for the kind words.

I haven't been feeling too well lately due to the Chemo I'm going through, but hopefully that will end soon - my results look very promising and with a bit of luck I'll be finished with the treatment. I'll find out my final results next week, and if all is well I should be back on deck in a couple of weeks when things "normalise".

To those who asked "What's next?" I have an "off-topic" model to build for one of my grandsons (a Wells Fargo Coach) which will take me about six months or so, but I may run something Maritime concurrently - I'm not sure what yet.

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

G'day Danny

My admiral and I wish you all the best with the chemo and good luck with the results.

Havagooday

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Good luck for the very best outcome Dan.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Best of luck with your chemo treatments, Danny.

I have a few Wells Fargo postal covers and it would be great to see some photos of your coach model in the Shore Leave section of this forum. I've seen some incredible coach models on other sites.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Best wishes for your Chemo results Danny. I look forward to seeing you back at the bench soon.

Danny, good luck in your chemo treatments. Keep the good attitude. The docs are getting better with beating the "C".

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

I'm hoping for the best outcome for you Danny and for you to soon be doing what you love to do.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Sorry to hear about the chemo, I hope you do not react to bad to it. Lots of strength and and like said by others: Hope you'll be back soon, doing what you like most

Good to hear you still have an interesting project running

Edited by cog

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Dan,

these are sad news. I hope that the chemo help and wish you all the best

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Had no idea you were going through this.  I truly hope all is going to turn out well for you!  Lots of good thoughts and prayers from me for you.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

sorry to hear.  Stay strong.

Maury

I am wishing you all the best.  I know about chemo and the problems it can cause.  My problem is that my body rejected the medication so they had to start another medication.  The dr. showed me my marker count and I almost fainted.  May god keep you in his good graces.

David B

Hi Danny,

I went through a serious bout with cancer a few years ago. The Chemo / Radio these days is so targeted that the results are normally very good. I believe you found yours early and this is also good. I have been pronounced "cured" and I'm positive you will have the same results.

My sincere best wishes are with you.

The coach sounds very interesting. Looking forward to the progress.

Regards,

Russell