HMS Revenge by Denis R - Victory Models (Amati) - Scale 1:64

Denis

I like the wales you are putting on.

My opinion - The colouring depends on whether you will paint the Hull or Varnish it.

If you paint it - then I would have dark contrasting colour

If you Varnish the Hull then I would make it half strength darker for a "not so subtle" look

- My Vote goes with the Wood - but it is your call

Well done - looking forward to your progress & more pics

- visi

Hello Visi

Thank you also.

If I paint the hull then I will paint the wales black.

If I varnish the hull then I will varnish the wales.

I will carry on using my stock wood.

Denis

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Sorry I have not posted lately but I have been painting the inside of the house ready to put it on the market for sale.

I have had little time to do any work on the Revenge.

But I have done some work ha-ha.

Cut the bulkheads out.

I decided to plank them (not what the book says to do) with 3mm x 0.50mm strips.

Applied 3 coats of sanding sealer with a rub down with a 1300 grit pad inbetween coats of sealer.

After this has dried I sanded it down again with 3000 grit pad then coated the top part with 4 coats of white paint.

Above the windows I was not that bothered with it as I have to put the paper decorations on that part, also below the windows.

I have just gave the bottom of the bulkheads a coat of satin varnish (still wet when I took the photos).

Denis.

post-303-0-59661800-1466663295.jpg

post-303-0-31193500-1466663311.jpg

Edited by Denis R

Top job. Those look better planked. Looks great.

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

• 2 months later...

looking forward to seeing more

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Did some work on my Revenge.

When I went to take some photos my camera decided to go on strike :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: .

Now have to go and purchase a new one :D .

Denis.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Denis.

Glad to hear that you will start soon the work.

Did you finished to work to the house?

Wait to see new pictures from your work

All the best, Cristi

Current build : Sovereign of the Seas - Mantua 1:78 scale

Finished:        San John the Baptist - Cross section

Santisima Trinidad - Cross section                  Galery Santisima 

San John the Baptist ( San Juan Bautista)    Galery  San John

HMS Victory 1805 - Cross section - Corel 1:98 scale 

Panart (Mantua) 740 Battle Station          Battle Station Panart 740 Galerry

On Hold:        HMS Bounty 1:64   Mamoli MV39

• 7 months later...

Hi fellow model builders

You may be wondering why I have not updated my logs.

Well shortly after moving into a new house I was taken ill, well ill is not the correct word to use.

I should say my health went down hill very fast.

I was rushed to hospital and had a catheter inserted, now find it hard to walk and lift things.

To keep this short my liver and kidneys are in a very bad way.

The hospital is waiting to see if my kidneys improve before they do an operation.

At this stage it looks like they will not do the operation.

What happens next, well I don't know.

Life goes on.

Denis.

Well I definitely can't do a "Like" for this.

So I'll just pass on my sincere best wishes for you to get well and that we'll see more of your Revenge soon.

Richard.

Richard

Current Build: Early 19th Century US Revenue Cutter (Artesania Latina "Dallas" - messed about)

Completed Build: Yakatabune - Japanese - Woody Joe mini

Member: Nautical Research Guild & Midwest Model Shipwrights

Denis,

I hope that things improve for you.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

G'day my kiwi mate.

My wife and I have you still in our prayers. You know how to contact me, Denis. 

All the best 

Greg and Luz 

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Hi all

I would just like to say that I am touched by all of your words and well wishes.

Thank you,  Kurt, Richard, Mark, Malcolm, Edwin, Greg, Don, King David and Vince.

I am not giving up yet.

Denis.

I am so sorry to hear Denis.........usually I look in on your projects,  but this one seemed to have slipped by my radar.  do they know what it is?  my fingers are crossed for you.......and your in my thoughts!   get well soon my friend!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Best wishes Denis - hang in there!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

• 2 months later...

It's good to see you back

:piratebo5:

And I'm going to follow your build

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

...a very good sign!  a new kit!   glad to hear your recovering..you have been missed!  looking forward to your return and more info on this fine kit you've gotten  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch