Hi

We all have our weaknessess, I did myself a favour and ordered my copy just this morning

Already some publications at my disposal

For the interested : The "Black Crow" is a comicstrip serie dedicated to l'Hermione

Besides, in the comicstrip area there are several series where the link to ANCRE's editions are more than obvious :

l'Epervier, HMS, Les Pirates de Barataria, Black Crow,...

post-412-0-51516900-1448715586_thumb.jpg

Kind regards

Christian

"The original always beats the copy"

(supportive statement)

I also got a email today about the monograph and I noticed they have added a separate sail and hull plan that is printed on high quality paper suitable for framing. From what I can read on the email and on the website its included as part of the monograph package. That is also something to look forward to as well!

Mike Draper

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Member, Nautical Research Guild

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I've received an email from Ancre telling me that L'Hermione monograph has been sent it ("En cours de livraison"). It's a Christmas' present from Admiralty, but in Spain we celebrate an ancient tradition on 6th January, Three Wise Men's day, instead of 25th December with Santa. As you'll get it on Christmas Day, please give me your first impression.

Regards.

Jose

Edited by jose_b

Hello,  the HERMIONE will also be my next project but:  do anyone of you know something about her boats ?  Are there plans drawn and printed in the book ?  In the list of plans, they do not exist !!!

I do not speak french, so if anyone does, can you ask Ancre ?  Would be very important to know.

Thanks,  and Merry Christmas to all of you all over the world !

Tom

All the best,

Tom

(sapere aude)

Tom,

You can send them an email in English.  What I've done in the past is write it in English and then put a Google translation right after it.   What they do is not a separate drawing on other monographs I've seen but include the boats on the sheets for deck fittings.  None of us English speaking types have the monograph yet, as only French is available right now.  The English version is coming after the first of the year.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

for t(hose would be interesting ,a great video about the travel of the hermione this summer from france to america:

http://m.pluzz.francetv.fr/videos/thalassa_,132437632.html#xtref=https://www.google.fr/

it's in french but  really interesting!

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

Hi Mark,  thanks for your answer.   But, which plans did they use for the replica-boats ?  Are they available maybe ?

I`m going to ask Ancre.  This details are as much important as the rigging details !  Are there complete rigging lists with informations like given by Steel 1794 ?

"4 strands, cabled",  "wormed" ect. ?  I hope so !  Otherwise it is difficult.

Tom

Edited by archnav

All the best,

Tom

(sapere aude)

the pdf of the monography from ancre it seem there is all for the building in!

http://ancre.fr/fr/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=75

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

Hello Tom.

Yes, Ancre will help you. So too will Gerard Delacroix at Marine et Modelisme D’Arsenal - http://gerard.delacroix.pagesperso-orange.fr

I have found that French warships were much of a muchness, as regards fittings. A frigate would have many of the same boats as a 74, excluding the larger barges. Jean Boudriot has a nice section on ship’s boats in his volumes on the 74 gun ship. It’s available in English and Italian but, unfortunately not in German.

There are rigging treatises, with info just like Steele, but they are in French. Small interest by the English speaking world means most have not been translated. Boudriot has a section on rope-work in his volumes on the 74 gun ship. These will scale to a ship of the frigate class very easily.

John

Tom,

The three monographs I have, basically have everything you need to build.  Line sizes, rigging points and assorted details such as "wormed" or served",  boats, fittings, etc.   The only thing lacking is in the Belle Poule monograph and that's the frames.   I don't think you'll be disappointed by any of their monographs.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

It would appear that the English monograph, etc. might be shipping early.  I received an email on Friday asking if I wanted these materials shipped separately or together as one shipment.  

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

only one thing is  sure ,in this side of atlantique it's easy to make a little visit  aboard the hermione,for me it's only 400 km to see it!

and this summer it will be  at 100 km for the exposition of brest 2016 with all  the great ship!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

just want to let you that I have received my english copy of the monograph today. It missed Christmas by just a few days.

post-746-0-58128000-1451407829_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Udo

Current builds:

Le Coureur 1776 - CAFmodel 1/48

VOC Retourship Batavia

Boston Typhoon steam trawler 1/32

Research/Side Projects/On Hold:

H.M. Bark Endeavour 

HMS Bounty 1787

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Udo,  how can it be that you got the english version before the end of February ???  I payed two weeks ago and the mail from acre sayes the same:  ships after 29th of February !

I wonder how you got this copy ?!

Greets from Bavaria,

Tom

All the best,

Tom

(sapere aude)

I think all of us who pre-ordered are trying to be patient...  I'm only checking the mailbox once a day so far. :rolleyes:   Ok.. I lied.   :o  I check the front porch hourly.   :)    

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Tom, I don't know why, I have placed the order in November and received the Shipping info just before Christmas.

Cheers,

Udo

Current builds:

Le Coureur 1776 - CAFmodel 1/48

VOC Retourship Batavia

Boston Typhoon steam trawler 1/32

Research/Side Projects/On Hold:

H.M. Bark Endeavour 

HMS Bounty 1787

• 1 month later...