Fittings/Accessories to Billing Boats Meta af Byxelkrok

samaka

I hope I post this topic in the correct forum. If not the admin is free to move it.

I inherited a kit of "Meta" - Billing Boats no 484 - but the kit with fittings/accessories is missing. I've tried to get hold of someone from Billing Boats to see if I can buy one, or at least get a list of what it was suppose to contain so I could buy the separate parts, but they seem to be in stealth mode so I've been unsuccessful. Dose anyone here on the forum have a list of content for this kit or maybe even knows where I could get hold of one.

cheers

Anders

Anders,

Rumor has it that the Billings is no longer in business or reorganizing (depending on the source).   Have you tried Googling?  Maybe E-bay or Amazon? 

The fitting kit is #485

Having said that.... someone might be able to help with what's in the fittings kit.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Anders,

Rumor has it that the Billings is no longer in business or reorganizing (depending on the source).   Have you tried Googling?  Maybe E-bay or Amazon? 

The fitting kit is #485

Having said that.... someone might be able to help with what's in the fittings kit.

Thanks Mark!

I've tried all that but I can't find anything anywhere.

Cheers

Anders

That one is out of production since ages.....

Is there a partslist in your build-instruction that tells what is in the fittings-set?

Jan

Thanks Jan!

Nope that's the problem. If I only had the part list I could buy the bits and bobs separately. I think I can manage to get stuff as I get on with the build but I thought it would be easier to be able to complete the stuff already now.

Cheers

Anders

• 3 weeks later...

Anders,

The fitting kit is #485

Unfortunately, I can help with the fittings for this model either. However, I have some information about the Billings Company. It is correct - they are no longer in business. However, they have been sold to a larger Danish company, Vestergaard A/S - the Danish distributor of Billings kits. So model kits are still being made - still using the Billings name, I guess. Today, I talked to a guy who has just received the 2016 Billings catalog. And they are a few 2016 news. 

The reason, I talk to the guy was because he is selling a rare vintage VHT/Billing kit of the Danish paddle steamer Hjejlen. I have bought it and will pick it up on Wednesday - quite excited.

/Lars Peter

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Current build: Amerigo Vespucci 1:84 (Panart)

Current build: BB Mary Ann 1:33
Finished: BB Jylland 1:100
Finished: Church ship Danmark 1:75 (restoration project)

That's excellent new, Lars Peter.

Is there new website or a link?  I think a lot builders would like to know what kits are available.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Latest news is that a new website will be launced shortly. But that was from September 30, 2015 so I'm not sure what is meant by "shortly" here  :)

/Lars Peter

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Current build: Amerigo Vespucci 1:84 (Panart)

Current build: BB Mary Ann 1:33
Finished: BB Jylland 1:100
Finished: Church ship Danmark 1:75 (restoration project)

Hi my Dad let me have the unused Meta 484 plus kit 485 but now I'm looking to sell them, both brand new. Plus a partily started Seedadler and kit.

Hi,

Please read the guidelines in this...  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3493-mandatory-for-sellers-new-to-msw/  And then start a new topic.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did a search for the Meta.....found a couple of old auction sites.   quite a ship you have there.   I looked in the Billing's instruction archives,  and they don't list it,  which means that it's been a long time out of production.   I used to know the fellow that ran Billing USA...I keep in touch.  the last time I heard was that Kent sold the business...but he didn't say to who.  the denmark site has been up and down........I checked tonight,  and I saw what everyone else has seen....a new website coming soon.   I also looked for the instructions.......bust!

probably the only way your going to find out,  will be to keep your eye on E-Bay...or other auction sites,  until one surfaces.   hopefully,  a fittings kit shows up.   box art may be your only hope.

for anyone who is looking for Billing's parts for their builds,  the Billing USA site is still up.  it is now run by Ages of Sails, out of California.

http://www.billingboatsusa.com/

http://www.agesofsail.com/ecommerce/

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch