Length Conversion and flags

markjay

Hi,
The kit is Mantua/Sergal CS. The kit has metric measurements (not a problem) but for the length it reads like this 0.25 by "60mt". The only time I've seen "mt" used was for metric tons or MT. for mountain. Can anyone help me with this? I had trouble with math in school but that is a different topic. :wacko:

According to a number of resources CS would have flown a "Red Ensign" being a merchantman. The flag supplied is a Union Jack. Any leads for cloth printed small flags would be most welcome.

Happy Thanksgiving to all...

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.

Maybe 60 meters is the actual vessel length and kit is .25 scale?

try Model Expo, they sell flags

Edited by BareHook

Current Build: Authentic Hannah Kit Bash

Pending Continuation: Sea of Galilee Boat

Completed Build:  MS AVS

On Shelf: AL Independence, Blue Jacket Alfred

The dimensions refer to the length of the rigging rope that is supplied on each spool.

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

Well I reverted to the old fashion method and pulled out a yardstick measured the cordage. Did some math 20ft=6 meters and the numbers came out reasonably close to what was supplied in the kit. So I guess "mt" means meters. Tom you are the winner.
Thank you all.

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;