mtaylor

Keel Drawing - first drawing for Trition Full-Build And Access Request

98 posts in this topic

What do i need to do so i can join? I probably would not be able to finish it before retirement age (im32) but would learn a lot. Also i would probably try to convert it into paper model...

Bertu likes this

maaaslo,

Basically, you'll have to download the keel drawing and start a build log.  Then pop back up here and request access.  The moderator who runs this area will grant access.  We're still uploading drawings and checking everything.

Hi Mark,

By any chance, would you guys be resurrecting the POB version of the plans?  :)

Thanks very much.

If some one has them and can send them, we'll post them.

Thanks Mark and Christian, I've had a look at Triton's line drawings and fell in love with her, I'm interested in giving her a try if the POB drawings are still available :)

The POB drawings are in the Download area.  PM Matrim or Chuck for access.

We need to see the log before granting access to the full plans set

Hi. Not sure if this is where I should be asking this but here goes.

I had started a full hull model of the Triton back in 2008 when the project started, but unfortunately  stopped temporarily (4 years) due to moves, earthquakes. getting married etc etc.

Sooooo

What I'd like to know is ...

How many members had completed the Triton before the site crash?

What was the state of plans development and so on?

Please also take this as a request to be added to the list of members with access to the plans.

I have saved all PDF plans that were available upto that point I think near the end of 2008, which I think was a substantial amount of plans.

I intend to continue my Triton, and I will start adding photos again in a build log.

Bertu likes this

Hi Sir Blue,

The plans were complete and as I recall there were two complete.  One by a gentleman named Wangshu (as I re call) and I'm drawing a blank on the other one. 

My notes show that all development was complete by mid-2008.

See the first post above on how to get access.  You need to start the keel and and buildlog.

Sir Blue Henry

Welcome back to the site and you have raised many interesting questions that I would also like to see some answers on.

If your still together then Congrads on getting Married.

Hope that you get to finish everything someday. Like I hope to also.

Later 42rocker

Ahh Wangsu!

How we miss you all...! I personally miss the gallery photos of the complete model that some friend of him took of the whole ship.

Should I talk with the Chinese Embassy to find him?

Back to the wokshop!! I´m running out of wood.

post-87-0-82608900-1362565334_thumb.jpg

post-87-0-23820800-1362565406_thumb.jpg

sonicmcdude likes this

hello everyone,I am a ship model fan that come from China.I have readed the logs of Wangsu's Trition work on Chinese' blog.

now,I want build another Trition by myself. But I don't know how to download the POF pdf drawings.

And I drived to the market to buy some Beech and Boxwood for the program.

May someone tell me what should I do and how to get the drawings?  I will thank you very much! :)  :) 

slackwater, aykutansin and rek like this

Hello Mugglezhong,

Welcome to MSW and to the Triton build forum.   To get access to the drawings, download the keel drawing from the first post in this section.  Open a build log and start work on the keel. Once you have posted some pictures of your progress, put a post in this section and request access to the rest of the plans.

Basically we allow complete access to the plans only after a member shows he has completed the keel sections and started a log of their work here.   Participants must also participate regularly by encouraging their fellow Triton builders and also show some activity as a member here MSW.  

Once you start a log and complete the first few keel sections you may gain access to the balance of the downloadable plans.

Any questions please send me a private message.

Chuck

I printed out the keel plan and it took 24 sheets 8-1/2 x 11

is that correct? and scale is 1/4

Here's the first drawing that you will need. Once you have downloaded it and started your buildlog, post a request to this topic to be given access to the download.

attachicon.gifTritonKeelPlan@48-1.pdf

Guy:

I have no idea how many 8 1/2 x 11 sheets it would take. Why not pop it onto a CD and take it to Office Depot or some such store and have them print it out? That way you can get it all on one sheet.

Russ

Just look at it on my printer 24 sheets is correct printing it out on 81/2 x 11.  There will be about 5 sheets or so that will have noting printed on the so it is no ink or paper loss.

Check it to the suggestion that Russ gave above. Just be sure to check your scale if the do this for you.  Good Luck

So long as they have their printer set to no scaling, it should be fine. I had Office Depot print plans for me on large sheets and they had no problem with it.

Russ

It took 24 sheets but many were blank so I only taped together the necessary ones to give  two sheets, the side view of the ship and keel views I might take it to have printed out on to one sheet but not necessary now 

Guy:

I have no idea how many 8 1/2 x 11 sheets it would take. Why not pop it onto a CD and take it to Office Depot or some such store and have them print it out? That way you can get it all on one sheet.

Russ

Remember check your scale -- 4 scale feet on the page is equal to 1 inch.

Later 42rocker

The learner request access to download additional files

Here's the first drawing that you will need. Once you have downloaded it and started your buildlog, post a request to this topic to be given access to the download.

attachicon.gifTritonKeelPlan@48-1.pdf