mtaylor

Keel Drawing - first drawing for Trition Full-Build And Access Request

98 posts in this topic

Yes indeed...you should see the downloads forum now

Any directions on how to print the plans out in the correct size? I'll be using Adobe and printing with the poster feature. Will set for normal printing. Do I use A4 setting or legal paper size.

Thanks

What part of the world do you hale from? use Adobe PDF and print to scale   "Do not fit on page" and make sure your printer is set the same every time, Adobe PDF will determnin the paper size more likley A4

mtaylor and harvey1847 like this

Chris here, requesting access to the full drawings set. Thread with minor CAD beginnings has been started.

Thanks

We love wood bass an toolst! :dancetl6:

CNC 1:36 Triton Project?!...

Daniel.

I would like access to the online build of the Triton

Well I have downloaded the HMS Triron Keel Plan and started my build log. I would like permission to join this online build. I intend to start my model board first. I could use a few pointers in regards to this projects model board. ANy help would be great.

Hello,

I had the plans printed out and was wondering exactly how long the ship should be. i want to make sure the scale is right.

Thanks

Hello,

I had the plans printed out and was wondering exactly how long the ship should be. i want to make sure the scale is right.

Thanks

There should be a scale on each sheet.  Just measure it and make sure it's correct.

Hello, I would like to check whether I have all the drawings. Therefore I need acces to the drawings.

Many thanks in advance.

No access to all the drawings is permitted until a build log is started with the first components created. Please read the first page of this topic for more details.

Done and dusted, please give me a shout if you cannot see any of them.

jaerschen likes this

I am having trouble printing to scale - I used to have tat option when I printed, it's no longer an option. I have Win 8.1.

Can anyone help me here? 

Thanks in advance. Wally

I'm running Windows 8.1 and the print dialog shows:

post-12980-0-59217900-1420951461_thumb.png

I am using this version of Adobe Reader:

post-12980-0-74147400-1420951472.png

Hope this helps.

Richard

Be sure to use the "Actual Size" button.  Anything else will give you prints that aren't to scale.

I am a model sailboat enthusiasts from China, hoping to join the project, and everyone can learn communication. But how do I start my own journey it? :huh:

Hi there, for the POB version, is the keel the same as this plan? As I haven't stated the build and don't have access to the downloads I wanted to check before any work or wood was obtained.

Thanks

I'm new to scratch building. I downloaded the plan and plan on doing this in 1/4 scale. The one thing that I am not sure of is the thickness of the wood for the keel. Can someone help me with that??

Michael

The plan has all the info you need. The 'wide' section shows the overal length and the height and to the left of the 'wide' section marked keel is a cross section (with two notched high up on the left and right). This shows you the width as well.

With those two diagrams you have all the measurements you need.

Here the blue line is length the green height and the red the width

post-387-0-75164900-1445414256_thumb.png

aviaamator likes this

Moderators

I looked at the drawing again and all that I can find are the side view of the keel, no end view like you included in your post. Is the side view in your post for the 1/4 scale?

Michael

Moderators

I looked at the drawing again and all that I can find are the side view of the keel, no end view like you included in your post. Is the side view in your post for the 1/4 scale?

Michael

Michael,

You are correct that there is no end view on the PDF in the original post, which means there is no way to see that rabbet (which seems odd, because it's sort of important I think), but if you look at that sheet there are two views.  At the top there is the side view, and then at the bottom there are three items - The Keelson, the Keel, and the False Keel (Items 1, 4, and 5) in a Plan View.  Plan View means as viewed from above, so you can get your thickness dimension from that part of the drawing.

Question?

Is this still open? I am thinking to make a new build. I only have Dutch ships now. And I like an other ship also. And looked at the Triton for many times.

Problem is, time. I think it will take lots of time in between the updates for me. I am a slow builder because I need to work also.

Canute and aviaamator like this