mtaylor

Keel Drawing - first drawing for Trition Full-Build And Access Request

98 posts in this topic

Yes though you have to build the keel and start a build log to get access to the full plans.

On the subject of the keel image my screenshot was from the cross section plans (which can be cross referenced). If doing a full build you should be aware that the rabbett will move and the thickness will decrease as it approaches bow and stern so a single cross section of the keel in the full plans could cause more damage than help.

mtaylor and Canute like this

May I get a wood list please, I would like to figure out the wood I can use and get

There is no wood list as the wood choice is entirely up to the builder. The best approach is to look at the other logs and see a wood combination that you like then copy it (if they mention what it is) and if they don't then add a post to an active log asking..

mtaylor and Canute like this

Thx for quick reply, I just wanted to know how much and the sizes is needed. I understand the the types of wood to use, I just don't know how much wood I need to order.

Canute and mtaylor like this

I am assuming this build is still going? I want to draw the keel up in solidworks first as virtual since I have never built a model of this scale before only plank on bulkhead types.

Want to work on it virtual as I go so I understand how to build it before i start with wood and glue. need to see what size the complete model will be also as I want to make it radio control so I may want to enlarge it some

Canute and mtaylor like this