Apostol San Felipe by costeo - OcCre

• 4 weeks later...

This has got to be one of the best builds going, I love the finish you have given the wood and those strategically placed nail heads are superb. For some reason I never gave this model much thought, but after watching this build log, I'm very impressed and now I'm considering this model.

mike   

• 2 weeks later...

Look great!  How big is that thing?

Casey

"I drank what?" - Socrates

Current Builds:  

Finished Builds: 

Future Builds:        

• Mamoli Golden Hind
  • Mamoli Black Prince
  • AL Swift

Look great!  How big is that thing?

Thank you! I preparing 4 blocks dimensions... 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 and 5.5 mm. In the picture are only first three dimensions. For the running rigging I preparing 0.25, 0.30, 0.35, 0.45, 0.50 mm rope. In the picture are only first four dimensions.

post-2407-0-08957400-1463250561_thumb.jpg

post-2407-0-17470600-1463250569_thumb.jpg

Edited by costeo

i keep this post on road... and it's very exiting ,i've build the san juan galeon from AL but this one is very higher quality

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

and you do a real good job!

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

Costeo.

Hello just discovered your build log - This is my first experience in model ship work.  REALLY _ you have set the bar Very High indeed for all of us. (:-)  

Superb work. And as has been noted, by several members, your wood tones are so visually pleasant. I will be happy to follow along as well - and certainly learn from you as well.

Oh and has also been mentioned - This is a kit that has probably been overlooked by many - great ship indeed.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Costeo,

Hmmmm- Just visited the OcCre site to check out this kit. You should add to your header (Kit Bashing) (:-) 

Just in case you are not familiar with this idiom; kit bashing is when a builder uses a kit as an entry base and adds huge amounts of superb details to the basic kit. That, in my opinion, is where your work belongs. 

MIchael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Thank you, Michael! Very nice words... yes, really, is my first experience, but it was my dream.

When I started to post, the name of my topic was "starting from a kit" and then was automatically changed. I don't know how to change the header.... sorry!

Edited by costeo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, edmay said:

Hello my friend ,Glad your back, I,m getting better from some ailments for the last several months ,looking forward to your return .Edwin

Hi, Edwin! All the best! I'll try to stay now long time in  the "shipyard"!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...