Phantom by Elijah - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:96 - New York Pilot Boat

Thanks! It is!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Happy belated birthday and congratulations on the birthday present! I think that will be a great one to progress into after the Phantom. I will be sure to follow along when you start that one but till then I am looking forward to seeing your ship yard open back up and more work resume on the Phantom as she is coming along nicely.

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Happy Birthday Elijah, you are an official model ship builder now. You now have a stash!! :)  ;)

Happy birthday kiddo. And congrats on a neat gift.  You will be in for a treat when you start on her>

David B

Hey - No Planking?

Like Don said - you now have one "on the shelf".  Welcome to the madness :P

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

Elijah:

I announced at the meeting last night (the Nautical Research and Model Ship Society of Chicago - where Elijha's a member) that it was your birthday and the group in attendance asked me to relay their birthday wishes to you.  So, Happy Birthday, slightly belated from the group.

Being on vacation you missed Doc Brackett's presentation on his 12" = 1'0" kayak build - a very good presentation that showed some things that modelers can use in our builds.

Take care,

Kurt

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Happy Birthday. I am sure you already know about this but just in case you don't the Smithsonian had the Gunboat Philadelphia on display in Washington. Here is a link to their site on it.

http://americanhistory.si.edu/exhibitions/gunboat-philadelphia

Bill

Chantilly, VA

Its not the size of the ship, but the bore of the cannon!

Current Build: Scratch Build Brig Eagle

Completed Build Log: USS Constitution - Mamoli

Completed Build Gallery: USS Constitution - Mamoli

Happy Birthday and enjoy the new kit.

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone! I was wondering, do ships grow on trees? They seem to keep falling into my hands :D. I just received an old T-2 tanker Kit by Bluejacket Shipcrafters! The kit is worth $400! Maybe ships don't grow on trees, but it might be possible that ships attract more ships :o.

post-14614-0-68296500-1471216544_thumb.jpeg

post-14614-0-10509800-1471216604_thumb.jpeg

post-14614-0-68282100-1471216623_thumb.jpeg

post-14614-0-71087700-1471216680_thumb.jpeg

post-14614-0-05202600-1471216716_thumb.jpeg

Now it is time to copper my hull! Until next time!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

Member of:

That is awesome Elijah! Never a bad thing to have extra ships and ones that just fall into your lap are even better! Looks like you have nice future ahead of you on ship building.

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

Maybe ships don't grow on trees, but it might be possible that ships attract more ships :o.

And ship-o-holics grab them all. Beware! :D

Don't worry, there is help......

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

Mike, I may need that help myself! It seems no sooner than I purchase one then another grabs my attention. My wish list grows longer, the shelf space shrinks and my bank account looks smaller all the time. Now if I could just get that clone to go to work for me so I can find the time to build them all! :P

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

I hear ya E.J. - I probably have more kits than I could build in my lifetime. And I have no doubt there will be more. Elijah - close your ears La la la LA LA la LA la la.... ;)

Just counting down the days to retirement.

I have finished coppering! Now I will thin the bulwarks! If you see any fingerprints, those are from before I started coppering, when I first started making copper plates.

post-14614-0-18849000-1471386902_thumb.jpeg

post-14614-0-38844600-1471386917_thumb.jpeg

post-14614-0-72032500-1471386934_thumb.jpeg

post-14614-0-51040200-1471386964_thumb.jpeg

post-14614-0-26351600-1471386989_thumb.jpeg

post-14614-0-83032500-1471387007_thumb.jpeg

Until next time!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

Member of:

Nice job on the coppering. I'm sure you are glad to have that stage behind you and on t the next.

I've never had to do that on a ship as the ones I have done with copper hulls have all been plastic so it was just a matter of a couple coats of copper paint and done.

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

Working out great...

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.

Here is a quick update as to how Phantom looks tonight.

post-14614-0-00946700-1471661104_thumb.jpeg

post-14614-0-58842900-1471661121_thumb.jpeg

post-14614-0-17763400-1471661136_thumb.jpeg

Until next time!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

Member of: