HMS Victory 1805 by Robert29 - FINISHED - Caldercraft - Scale 1:72

Well done sailor. Very, very well done.

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

Andrew, Chris, Graham, Sjors, Ian, Julian, Mort, Malcolm, B.E., Anthony, Mugje, thank you all for your coments.  Also thank you for all the likes.

Robert

Congratulations, awesome details, one to be proud of,  that's for sure.    :cheers:

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   The Mayflower: Amati 

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

• 6 months later...

Hi Robert,

Echoing all the other accolades, this is indeed an exceptional model, and combined with a very impressive build log giving many useful tips.

I am about to embark on a similar journey and will no doubt be double-checking my progress against the master for the next few years! Thank you in anticipation.

One question: now that you can view your completed model with its internal lighting on, in hindsight what would you have chosen to do differently with the electronics and lighting numbers/positions compared with your original design?

Regards, Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 6:09 PM, Sapper said:

Hi Robert,

Echoing all the other accolades, this is indeed an exceptional model, and combined with a very impressive build log giving many useful tips.

I am about to embark on a similar journey and will no doubt be double-checking my progress against the master for the next few years! Thank you in anticipation.

One question: now that you can view your completed model with its internal lighting on, in hindsight what would you have chosen to do differently with the electronics and lighting numbers/positions compared with your original design?

Regards, Bruce

Thank you all for the comments.

Bruce,

As for the lighting, electronic wise I tried to keep it as simple as possible.  Anything that goes wrong you cannot repair inside the model. The system only involves led's, a resistor for each led and wired them in parallel so I can put as much led's as I want to, just calculate the total amperage of the led's, and make sure the power supply (transformer, its practically impossible to run all those led's on batteries) has the adequate amperage. The other advantage of having them in parallel is that if any led or resistor is burnt, which is very unlikely, will not effect the others. Where possible I also wired them in a ring circuit so that if I have a wire becoming disconnected they will still have the voltage supply on them.  My main concern was that I did not want to let any wiring showing, not even the once going out to the power supply.  A thing I wish I would have done is have  added just a few hanging lanterns on the quarterdeck and the bow so when lit in the dark more details could be seen. This would have been more difficult to hide the wiring.  All in all I am quite satisfied with the result, but obviously there are always some things you would do differently if you had to do them agin.

Robert

Hi Robert,

I have been following your log since the first frame. Brilliant outcome on arguably the most difficult kit to get PERFECT (the ship is so complicated). 

You also added so many extra details --- 🏆 🏆 

Regards,

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa