Constructo Dos Amigos / Fair Rosemond - need instructions

BIGMAC

Hi everybody.....I am desperately looking for the instruction manual (not the plans) of the Constructo DosAmigos 1/50.

Constructo (Diset) does not respond........Also, if someone have a building experience of this kit, I would be very grateful to ask for some advise. Many thanks to all of you for your time.

Hi everybody.....I am desperately looking for the instruction manual (not the plans) of the Constructo DosAmigos 1/50.

Constructo (Diset) does not respond........Also, if someone have a building experience of this kit, I would be very grateful to ask for some advise. Many thanks to all of you for your time.

If you don't have it, try this email address - mcarracedo@diset.com

That is Marcos Carracedo with Constructo, who responded to some questions I had about a Constructo kit back in September of 2014.  Not sure if he is still there, but hopefully he is and can help you.

• 3 weeks later...

If you don't have it, try this email address - mcarracedo@diset.com

That is Marcos Carracedo with Constructo, who responded to some questions I had about a Constructo kit back in September of 2014.  Not sure if he is still there, but hopefully he is and can help you.

Unfortunately, neither Mr Marcos, nor Constructo  responded at all!!! anyway, thanks again Brian....

Unfortunately, neither Mr Marcos, nor Constructo  responded at all!!! anyway, thanks again Brian....

Sorry to hear that.  The last time I had contact with them was when I was doing the Carmen back in September of '14.  They didn't respond super quickly, but they did respond.

Do you mean the OcCre Dos Amigos? I just finished building that kit last summer - it has some deficiencies and weirdness for sure. There's a link to my build log in my signature...I'm not sure I still have the instructions - I did not find them helpful anyway, but mostly just followed the plans.....the only use of the instructions (not so much a manual as a very short set of photo-illustrations of the various construction phases) is to get a sense of the overall process of building the model - but if you've build a couple of kits already you would already be familiar with this........

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch)

under the bench: Admiralty Echo cross-section; MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

Do you mean the OcCre Dos Amigos? I just finished building that kit last summer - it has some deficiencies and weirdness for sure. There's a link to my build log in my signature...I'm not sure I still have the instructions - I did not find them helpful anyway, but mostly just followed the plans.....the only use of the instructions (not so much a manual as a very short set of photo-illustrations of the various construction phases) is to get a sense of the overall process of building the model - but if you've build a couple of kits already you would already be familiar with this........

hamilton

No my friend, is Constructo. Dont know if they are from the same plans though, since OcCre is relatively resent, and Constructo is fairy old, and they are both from Spain.... Thanks anyway Hamilton, very kind of you.post-13995-0-92020700-1454928481_thumb.jpg

Edited by BIGMAC

hamilton

Just gave a pic at your build, and save it for further study!!!!....Just great!!! I also like the FaiRRosamund option. I was thinking to do the same, if and ever start it. Somehow i felt repelled from the "slave Ship" option.

If you read up on the history of the Dos Amigos/Fair Rosamond, I think you would feel a bit differently. She had an amazing history, first as a slaver, then ran dope around Asia, purchased and turned into a slave patrol ship off the coast of Africa WOW. It's not the fault of the ship what she was used for, kind of like a gun didn't kill someone, a person pulled the trigger. But if you did this build trying to represent her history with accompanied with documentation to show her history, I think most anyone would like to have her in their collection. I find this ship and her history amazing. Now I'm sure that if she was just built as a slaver and no mention of the other half of her history, then yes, I would also find the subject a bit offensive. But it is apart of history. 

mike 

Hi Big Mac

Thanks. I didn't realise Constructo made a version of this ship....interesting! Judging by the picture on the box it looks very similar except without the sail option (I didn't mount the sails anyway, since I thought it would make the model look extremely cluttered). The OcCre version is also at a slightly larger scale (1:53)....I'll check to see if I have a copy of the instruction booklet, but again, I did not find it of very much use and primarily (in fact pretty much exclusively) used the plans.....

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch)

under the bench: Admiralty Echo cross-section; MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

If you read up on the history of the Dos Amigos/Fair Rosamond, I think you would feel a bit differently. She had an amazing history, first as a slaver, then ran dope around Asia, purchased and turned into a slave patrol ship off the coast of Africa WOW. It's not the fault of the ship what she was used for, kind of like a gun didn't kill someone, a person pulled the trigger. But if you did this build trying to represent her history with accompanied with documentation to show her history, I think most anyone would like to have her in their collection. I find this ship and her history amazing. Now I'm sure that if she was just built as a slaver and no mention of the other half of her history, then yes, I would also find the subject a bit offensive. But it is apart of history. 

mike 

Hi Mike. You are right, I agree. I have made some research about this ship and indeed her history goes from depressing to fascinating. Especially the Fair part, looks to me as a kind of Absolution from her previous sins :). By the way, i have read that the Fair , almost certainly, had two extra guns on her, that nobody seems to know their caliber and their position on the ship. Have u heard anything about it?

Hi Big Mac

Thanks. I didn't realise Constructo made a version of this ship....interesting! Judging by the picture on the box it looks very similar except without the sail option (I didn't mount the sails anyway, since I thought it would make the model look extremely cluttered). The OcCre version is also at a slightly larger scale (1:53)....I'll check to see if I have a copy of the instruction booklet, but again, I did not find it of very much use and primarily (in fact pretty much exclusively) used the plans.....

hamilton

Hamilton, Thanks again for your effort. :)

Gerasimos (aka...Mike)

Sorry to hear that.  The last time I had contact with them was when I was doing the Carmen back in September of '14.  They didn't respond super quickly, but they did respond.

Hi Brian. As u said '"They didn't respond super quickly, but they did respond"". Mr Marcos responded, but unfortunately, the kit is too old and they cannot help me ;).

Hi Brian. As u said '"They didn't respond super quickly, but they did respond"". Mr Marcos responded, but unfortunately, the kit is too old and they cannot help me ;).

Bummer.

Hi, just saw this, been busy building a scratch build of Fair Rosamund at 1/!44th. There are excellent plans of her in Howard Chapelles History of American Sailing ships and also in 'The Global Schooner' by Karl Heinz Marquardt. Not actually building plans, of course, but you can certainly get spar dimensions etc from them.

• 2 years later...