Current build HMS Sirius (1797) 1:48 scratch POF from NMM plans

HMS Winchelsea by chuck 1:48

Cutter cheerful by chuck 1:48

Previous builds-

Elidir - Thames steam barge

Cutty Sark-Billings boats

Wasa - billings boats

Among others 😁

A very fitting barge for the dignitaries that used it, I'd say.   The craftsmanship is incredible.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks, gentlemen all.

One of the 'dignitaries' who would have sat in the coach was Sir Thomas Hardy. He was Governor of Greenwich Hospital from 1834 to 1839.

I forgot to mention one other item on the 'to do' list: the stern badge.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

I forgot to mention one other item on the 'to do' list: the stern badge.

Druxey,

Can't wait to see how you will solve that fiddly bit of sculpting ... it's getting better with every post you make ...

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Very, very nice Druxey. Such an interesting build and superb craftsmanship.

Best, Ian

It's just like Mark said. The craftsmanship is simply impeccablr.

I also like your model paradigm. I can imagine Hardy sitting in the stern with his cheeks strewn with tears remembering the last voyage of his great captain on just such a vessel.

Thank you druxey for a build that is not only perfection, but also historically significant.

John

Thanks again, everyone. I was away this weekend, so no progress. Back agin soon, though! BTW, I did paint the tiller handhold, and like the result.

Edited by druxey

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Well, some progress to report. The ensign staffs are done. They were made and tapered using the usual square to octagon to round method. The trucks plus a few inches below them are painted gold. I scored around each staff to act as a stop for the paint: it was too small to mask conventionally. For those wondering why the pace has slackened a bit, I've another project to announce shortly.

post-635-0-49862100-1461008839_thumb.jpg

Hi druxey

It is getteing even better with every blink I risk. :o

Regards

Gerhard

Problems just mean: solutions not yet found

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12842-sms-danzig-1851-by-gerhardvienna-radio-150-scale/

USS CAIRO

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13282-uss-cairo-by-gerhardvienna-live-steam-radio/

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13625-baby-bootlegger-110-radio-by-gerhardvienna/

Swiss paddlesteamer RIGI 1848 1:50, after plans from the Verkehrshaus Zürich, rescaled to original length

Anchor tugboat BISON, 1:50, plans from VTH, scratch

Finished models

See-Ewer ELBE, Constructo kit 1:48

German fastboat after plans from german Reichskriegsmarine measure unknown (too ugly to show up!)

German traffic boat for battleships WW2, 1:50, after plans from Jürgen Eichardt, scratch

German Schnellboot TIGER P6141 VTH plans, scratch

Thank you all, yet again.

Today's work was on the Hospital badge that is mounted high on the boat's stern over the upper transom.  The pictures are self-explanatory. At this scale the paintwork is more impressionistic than accurate! I'll be refining the shell on the fore side of the badge more.

post-635-0-19200100-1461109728_thumb.jpg

post-635-0-28350000-1461109731_thumb.jpg

post-635-0-17981800-1461109734_thumb.jpg

post-635-0-13777700-1461109738_thumb.jpg

post-635-0-50793600-1461109741_thumb.jpg

Sweet work..  no.. correction... incredible work.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Outstanding Druxey - great detail at that scale.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

So that shell is approximately 12 x 8 mm ... and you still could make a plain visible relief, and a darn decent looking painted badge on it to, which is even smaller (8 x 4 mm???) It looks amazing ... knowing the scale it looks nearly impossible ...

Wonderful craftsmanship, Druxey 

Cheers

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Delicate and exquisite work Druxey.

Bill

Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley

Current build: Sovereign of the Seas 1637

My Book: Carving Ornamentation for Ship Models