Help with buying the Caldercraft HMS Victory

yangliyuan

Hi all friends,

Currently, I want to buy the  Caldercraft HMS Victory 1:72 model kit. Since I live in China, and there is no retailer here, I tend to buy this kit from the online store (http://www.shipwrightshop.com). However, I do not know whether this is the right official website or the cheapest online website since they do not reply my email in several days. Or even the right place to go. In this store, the price combined with shipping is 789 Europen dollars.

So is there any friend who has the experience in buying kits online could give me some useful advice?

many thanks                     Kevin

Edited by yangliyuan

Kevin,

I hope you'll consider doing a build log once you start.   :)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kevin

If you do get the HMS Victory by Caldercraft then you will find lots of help here.

There are a number of build logs running.

And you might want to explore the very good books available.

Best of luck

Nick

Edited by pompey2

One of our sponsors Modellers Workshop http://modellers-workshop.com/ has one in stock. Contact Rick, very good guy and easy to deal with

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I bought mine from age of sail.  I have found through past experiences that most on line stores are ligament.  Read the reviews and then use a pay pal or equivalent to purchase your model.  This way you buy with confidence and your protected.