HMS Agamemnon 1781 by Hennie - FINISHED - Caldercraft - Scale 1:64

Fantastic progress Hennie.  She's looking impressive.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

@B.E and @Piet

Thank you both :) :)

A small update....

The first yard (and the biggest one) is in his place. Just like Sjors I used a brass pin to put it on the mast in the first place. When using the ropes to put the yard against the main mast, I will damage the whole thing. I only have two hands, so thats almost impossible. I will use ropes later.

Some pictures....

post-3817-0-65987800-1486846768_thumb.jpg

post-3817-0-20216100-1486846778_thumb.jpg

post-3817-0-35619400-1486846783_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Eric,

Thx Eric for your kind words:)

And finally an update;

I FINISHED MY AGGY!!!!!

She is not on her place yet. I ordered a mahogany shelf and 4 bronze dolphins to put her on. Those things have to come from Italy, so it will take a while. But when she is in het final place, I will take more pictures.

Hennie

IMG_1461.JPG1.JPG.af4ab6d3cd0137f32fc0b37d351439b8.JPG

IMG_1462.JPG2.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG4.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

Hello Hennie,

Geweldig, gefeliciteerd! :cheers:

Congratulations, she is beautiful.  Don't forget to place her in the gallery, so she can be admired.

Regards,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Congratulations on a beautiful build, Hennie.  I'm looking forward to seeing her on the dolphins.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

well done sailor. very very well done.

mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

Thank you all for for your very kind words. Feels a bit sad... She kept me busy for over 6 years (with some breaks), but the last 2 years it was a daily job. But........I already ordered my dreamship which I always wanted to build one time: The Sovereign of the Seas (from Mantua/Sergal). When all goes well, this kit will arrive this month and than you are all welcome on my new building log.

Hennie

Hennie,

congrats to that fabulous built Agamemnon, a beautiful vessel, and a nice choise for your new project....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Congratulations Hennie, she is a real beauty. Will be looking forward to your S.O.S. build.

congratz on the finish of your project!   she looks amazing.....rigging looks great! :)  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Congratulations on a most outstanding job Hennie.

Anxiously awaiting your new project, the SotS.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

First of all, thx for all the kind words!

After six years my Aggy finally found her way home....

I want to thank you all for all the commends and advices and of course all the likes! I am still waiting for my next project, the Sovereign of the Seas (Sergal). When all goes well, it should arrive this week, but I am afraid it will take some more time. Looks if they send my order to the planet Saturnus.....

As promised some pictures. As you can see, I did some repairs. I fixed that nasty angle in the top stay.

IMG_1474.thumb.JPG.1fcc6fbc0a4d47720248ffeab4a122e0.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1481.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1486.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

IMG_1492.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

Beautiful build Hennie,

congrats to this fine model...:) :)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

She looks absolutely stunning Hennie, that sideboard she sits on really does make her stand out. Can I ask how the dolphin mounts are placed, does the aggy just rest on them or are they fixed to her?

kind regards

terry

Current build: Caldercraft 1:64 HM Brig Supply

Finished builds: HMS Endeavours longboat

Your hands may seem too big , but you obviously have a fine touch!:10_1_10:

Dave

“You’ve just got to know your limitations”  Dirty Harry

Current Builds:  Modified MS 1/8” scale Phantom, and modified plastic/wood hybrid of Aurora 1:87 scale whaling bark Wanderer.

Past Builds: (Done & sold) 1/8” scale A.J. Fisher 2 mast schooner Challenge, 1/6” scale scratch built whaler Wanderer w/ plans & fittings from A.J. Fisher, and numerous plastic kits including 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution (twice), Cutty Sark, and Mayflower.

(Done & in dry dock) Modified 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution w/ wooden deck and masting [too close encounter w/conc. floor in move]

Hope to get to builds: MS 3/16” scale Pride of Baltimore II,  MS 1/2” scale pinky schooner Glad Tidings,  a scratch build 3/16” scale  Phantom, and a scratch build 3/16" scale Denis Sullivan.

Wow,

Really great with the Dolphins !

And what a nice place to show her.......

When you are coming next sunday, I will cover my Aggy :rolleyes:

Sjors