Trabakul by donrobinson - FINISHED - MarisStella - 1:32 scale

catching up Don.........that's a fantastic start to the rigging :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks B.E., EJ, Ian, Michael, and Bob your comments are really appreciated

You were typing when I was Popeye :D. Thanks for stopping in

Hello Don, good start on the rigging !! This serving machine works very good in Your hands ....

This Trabaccolo lady looks absolutely good ! :)

Mr. Bob said the thruth: ''she looks better and better with each new addition'' ...

Zoran

Wow! I just caught up and things are looking fantastic! She is such an interesting subject, and you really do her justice with all those added details. The firewood and axe by the stove are a really nice touch. Have you decided if you are going to add sails? I think they would look very good on her! Great work!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Thanks so much Elijah for all the likes and your great comment. I have decided to do the sails, they are supplied pretty much all sewn so I'm hoping not to have too many problems with them. 

Thanks Dave. My arms are getting a workout now with the upper shrouds and tieing them off, good part is they don't have ratlines:D!

Lawrence: Thanks, I was a little apprehensive about installing them as, unlike you, I don't have a wonderful Admiral who could sew them. The ones in the kit are almost completely done so I think I can get away with using some of that iron on sewing tape. At least that's the plan;)

Darrell: Thanks, great of you to stop by

Is there still room to eat dinner? :D

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

Mike: No room for a plate, possibly room for another build though;)

Somehow I figured that.

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

• 1 month later...

Well I don't have much to show for the past month. The fore shrouds on the starboard side are complete. These are relatively easy to complete as only the bottom shrouds have ratlines:D, of which there is only 15 spaced at 15 mm or 19" in real life. Along with ratlines there are two pinrails and three stretcher rails(for lack of better terminology). Another surprise for all the non-lovers of ratlines is only one set of shrouds per side gets ratlines!!! So only the shrouds that are on the opposite side of the spars get ratlines. Gotta luv that:cheers:.

IMG_2623.thumb.jpg.961f6cf2a28da20e66adfdf9c65ce8f0.jpg

Showing the different pieces for the shrouds.

IMG_2639.thumb.jpg.c65680c6cce40c983a172a47f1b9ad66.jpg

IMG_2640.thumb.jpg.dc8ed2601288bdc556329849e3f43c66.jpgIMG_2641.thumb.jpg.19aa1a7a161d6cb695f49440ff47ca16.jpg

DSC_0261.thumb.jpg.211398cb37e87d962a0fe9dfe000d4b7.jpg

Final picture is showing my set up for taking pictures, needs a white sheet hanging on the wall but I just can't bring myself to putting up a sheet on my dining room wall.

More updates hopefully sooner than this one was.

Have a Good Night

Great rope work Don. Don't ya just love lateen rigs? What rope/thread are you using to serve the shroud? That came out nice.

You may have taught me something about pix of the rigging. It's got to be a solid background. And smooth. Even a bath towel has too much texture and clashes with all the ropes, knots, etc.

Nice work Don. Lines look good; did you use your rope walk to make them? Well I have been debating what model I should build next. One set of rat lines per side might just tilt the decsion towards the Trabaccolo!

ian 

Hi Mike, Thanks for stopping in. I used Gutermann thread for the serving line. For taking pictures a flat sheet works great no texture and they absorb some of the light preventing the shine like you see in my pictures. You can get them for around $10, next time I will put one up and you will see the difference.

Hello Ian, hope you and your wife are enjoying the holiday. Some of the rope is made here at home, I wasn't going to mention anything as I did not think it looked that good in the pictures:(. I still need some practice. The ratlines are awesome, 15 tied(45 knots) and I'm already half done!!

Don we are enjoying the 32 degree heat here in Saville just fine thank you! Keep up the great work.

rigging looks super nice........as with the rest of the model  :)   

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

That's some very nice rigging Don! I like your set up for lighting, it looks very professional.

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Beautiful Don!  I was going to ask if you made your own rope too, as well as what machines you are using for creating the rope and the serving lines as I think your rigging looks very nice.

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Popeye: Thanks, happy you stopped by

Elijah: Thanks, the lighting is finally working good. I just bought a 35 mm dslr so I need a lot more light than compared to a I Phone.

Mike: Thanks for stopping in, I use the Domanoff machines, ropewalk and serving. Currently I have been using Gutermann cotton thread to make all my ropes and for serving

I forgot to mention, a big Thanks for all the likes, it's really appreciated

Don,

Nice update. Excellent work indeed.

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Hi Michael, Thanks for looking in and for the gracious compliment

Hi Don, always admire work of a master. Zoran said you were working on Stefano. Just completed Caldercraft Diana, have to say without the build logs for Diana it would have been a nightmare, newbie here and just learning the ropes. Hoping to see more of your log on Stefano as I rely quite a bit on an actual build log, answers a lot of questions when you can see it being built by a craftsman and shared with others who need assistance. Will look forward to your working on Stefano and posting your progress, it is very much appreciated, thankyou.

Robert

British Columbia

Hello Robert, Thanks for stopping in. I just noticed your comment so I apologise for not replying sooner. Welcome to MSW, you will be thrilled with this forum it is full of friendly and knowledgeable people who are willing to share their tips and tricks. Having heard you mention the Stefano, do you have the kit? It is a great kit and will make into a beautiful model. I have been a little slow on her but I promise I'll get working on her soon. You may have just given me enough of a "kick in the butt" to get back at it.