Trabakul by donrobinson - FINISHED - MarisStella - 1:32 scale

Nice job! Brass looks very nice on your wheel.

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Hello Darrell, good of you to stop in and Thanks for your compliment.

Elijah, good to hear from you and Thanks

Don - everytime I come to your log I do so with some intrepidation :rolleyes: . All your pics - they're really making me want to pull out Trajta and get started :huh:

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

Good Morning Mike, Thanks for stopping in. The Trajta is a fine looking boat and kit, I love the bow on her. I don't blame you for wanting to pull her out. You will enjoy building her and will end up with a great model. I am just finishing up the ships stove, almost done "accessorising" it and may have some pictures later.  

Thanks so much Dave. Once stove is done I need to build a windlass, which will be a first for me. I think I am looking forward to this :huh:  :P

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for stopping in Lawrence, I should have something next week.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update:

Grates for ship's stove, just brass rod ca'd together

post-20628-0-74256900-1485484678_thumb.jpg

The pieces for stove

post-20628-0-00264800-1485484722_thumb.jpg

Completed, added handles and hangers. The pot is a flattened out penny with brass rods soldered on for handles

post-20628-0-50967000-1485484752_thumb.jpgpost-20628-0-35282300-1485484792_thumb.jpg

And some more:

Installing knightheads( 3 x 3 mm) and top timbers

post-20628-0-94401800-1485485109_thumb.jpgpost-20628-0-77173700-1485485146_thumb.jpgpost-20628-0-79435400-1485485278_thumb.jpgpost-20628-0-67147100-1485485302_thumb.jpg

There are waterways to be installed, mine kept splitting on me so I spread some ca on them to strengthen them, and as you can see it bled though to the good side. Time to make new ones.

post-20628-0-44871100-1485485258_thumb.jpg

Then I decided rather than cutting out notches for all the top timbers in the waterway and going through more frustration I will install them on top of the waterway so..............

post-20628-0-82326300-1485485329_thumb.jpg

then I decided it was time for a change...the windlass. This was made from cherry turned on the lathe what you see here is the fourth attempt, I also replaced the supports and made them from cherry also.

This showing the filed down nail used to make the holes square. This is an idea I got from DocBlake.

post-20628-0-77438700-1485485359_thumb.jpg

Gluing .5 x 1 mm strips onto drum

post-20628-0-55196800-1485485387_thumb.jpg

The finished product, still needs one or two more coats of wipe on poly. The fancy ends are inspired by B.E.'s cathead decoration on his Pegasus

post-20628-0-54518100-1485485421_thumb.jpg

Thanks for stopping by

That windlass is fantastic! Thanks for sharing the tip you learned with the squared nail. Might have to use that one myself next time.

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Loving it! The details! Your work is commendable. Windlass details down to the square peg holes are a nice added touch and that brass pot sitting on your stove is pretty nice too.

Keep the pics coming mate....

Pierre.:10_1_10:

All in all it's pretty relaxing when you just take your time.....

Current build

Santa Maria by MarisStella

Completed

Batelina by MarisStella

I love that pot and stove you've made! You are getting some nice details on your boat!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Bob, E.J., Dave, Pierre and Elijah Thanks guys for stopping by and for your inspiring comments they are very much appreciated. I will keep plodding along and hopefully have more updates in the near future. Thanks Again :)  :)

A stove - what a cool detail! Will it live on deck or below? What did you use to punch out the coin?

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

Hey Mike, Thanks for stopping in. The stove stays on deck, I am still unsure as how I will secure it as I would think it might have been portable. The coin I just heated it up pounded it with hammer until thin enough then just shaped over a 1/2" steel rod. I should have taken some pictures. If I get the chance I will do it again and document

That would be a good technique to see Don.

Thanks Lawrence, always good to see you stop in

Hi Zoltan thanks for the comment. It is an open deck I am trying to think of ways of filling it up a little more

Edited by donrobinson

Thanks so much B.E., great of you to stop in