Le Glorieux by Ray1981 - Heller - 1:150 - PLASTIC

Ray,

What Lukas said...  a matte finish.   Or... some very fine steel wool or Scotch pad (those green pads).  Be sure to wash off the deck if you use the steel wool as it leaves a very fine powdery dust.  Do just enough with wool or pad to remove the shine and not the paint.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Ray,

What Lukas said...  a matte finish.   Or... some very fine steel wool or Scotch pad (those green pads).  Be sure to wash off the deck if you use the steel wool as it leaves a very fine powdery dust.  Do just enough with wool or pad to remove the shine and not the paint.

Thanks Mark thats a good idea too! I will let it dry good and will try what you explained. 

Thanks guys!!!!

I hope you're satisfied with your deck when finished! Good luck! Nice cannons!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Thanks Elijah

Im waiting for the oil paint to dry good. Eventhough I placed the oil paint on a carton for an hour or so it takes more than 24h to dry I think it would be better to leave the oil paint on the carton for about 3 hours so the carton can absorb most of the oils and only pigment is left it dries faster that way. I just took a look and I think tomorrow morning it will be dry and im hopefull it seems to be better as I thought. I was a bit pessimistic but even for that this forum can be helpfull when the gurus tell you it doesnt look that bad ;)

I think also tomorrow I wil l glue the hull and do a finishing touch on the canons so I can start with the lower gun deck. In other words I think its going to be a big day tomorrow

Grtz Ray

Hi Fellow Ship Modellers,

Today again a bussy day in the morning I stasrted with painting the two other decks and because I actually liked the result as in previous post I applied the same technique

post-23820-0-70705100-1460093675_thumb.jpg

After this job I started to glue the hull and lower gun deck

post-23820-0-55145900-1460093678_thumb.jpg

post-23820-0-32729000-1460093682_thumb.jpg

post-23820-0-70928100-1460093684_thumb.jpg

After this job I have waited for several hours to be sure everything has dried and the hull stays in form. On the keel I applied some putty and Mr Surface 1200 so this will look like one solid piece ( I hope)

And than after some hours I started with gueling and rigging some canons. Well this is going to be a nasty job. I have mounted eyelets allready before I glued the hull and glued the lower gun deck. So first of all it is quiet a difficult job to glue the deck without distroying the eyelets. But this job was possible with only two eyelts broken (I replaced them allready). Than as mentioned I glued the first canons also this is not an easy job and time consuming. 

post-23820-0-89180700-1460093688_thumb.jpg

post-23820-0-90244800-1460093686_thumb.jpg

post-23820-0-33203200-1460093705_thumb.jpg

post-23820-0-37438200-1460093691_thumb.jpg

But with sufficient patience this is possible. I udes CA which is vissible a little bit but I hope with some gloss cote this will dissapear. 

Well at the end of the day im not disspaointed it looks pretty nice and I had lots of fun doing these jobs. I hope the gurus here like to see the results as shown here on the pics.

If anybody have some comments on how to improve a certain thing feel free to advise me im eager to learn something.

Grtz Ray

Ray,

Looking good.  My only advice is to use less rope for breeching.  About 2 1/2 times the barrel length.  And to get the sag, just touch a bit of CA to the line and stick it to the deck.  It will be dark on that gundeck so much of the details will be lost... but you and we will know what's there.  ;)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...