rafine

Granado by rafine - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1:64

580 posts in this topic

Thanks so much Koen and the "likes".

Rich, I have been building for about 50 years. I have been retired for almost 20. Most of my recent builds have been in the 1 to 1 1/2 year category. My wife would agree that they have been multiplying like rabbits. :)

Bob

Well, that's it. Granado is finished. I have made up and mounted the swivel guns and the anchors, completing the work.

The swivel guns were made up using the kit's brass barrels and PE mounts, as well as brass wire and small beads for the handles. They were painted black and installed with pins in holes previously drilled in the pedestals.

The anchors were all made using the kit castings, boxwood strip for the stocks, paper bands on the stocks and rings made from wire. Puddening was added to the rings by wrapping line around the wire. Cat blocks and falls and lashings were generally done as shown in AOTS.

Following photos of the final work are a few completion portraits of the model. I will be starting a log for Halifax in the next day or two.

Bob

fullsizeoutput_664.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_670.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_66f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_673.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_674.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_675.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_671.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_677.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_679.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_67a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_67b.jpeg

Nicely done Bob, another fine model, and great detail work.

The last four full shot photo's look a tad out of focus to me, can you replace them so we may better enjoy the fruits of your labour.:)

Regards,

B.E.

Bob,

congratulations to completion of this excellent and beautiful built bomb vessel.

It is very nicely detailed and there is so much to discover, when exploring the photographs   :)

In all, well done !

Nils

mtaylor, donrobinson, Canute and 1 other like this

Congratulations on the completion of your Granado.  I have really enjoyed following your build log and I look forward to following your Halifax build.

mtaylor, Canute, donrobinson and 1 other like this

Another beautiful model. Congratulations. I will look forward to work on the Halifax.

Russ

donrobinson, mtaylor, Canute and 1 other like this

Thanks so much to all who have followed this build and have provided their generous comments, encouragement and "likes" throughout and at it's conclusion. I greatly appreciate the support and the friendship.

B.E. and Erik: I am attaching a few more photos, but I'm not sure that they're any better. My point and shoot either can't or won't do any better on the overall shots.

Bob

fullsizeoutput_685.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_682.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_683.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_684.jpeg

Congratulations, Bob! You did it again! What a beautiful model! And a wonderful build log as well. Thank you for sharing all this information! Can't wait to see your next project :)

Thomas

Bob,

Thanks for posting more photos!  She looks beautiful!!  It's definitely a challenge to photograph the entire ship. 

Erik

Canute, donrobinson, Elijah and 2 others like this

A little late for the finish party but man, a great job again 👍🎉

Congrats...

Be proud of what you have done and i will keep an eye on the Halifax.

Sjors

Canute, donrobinson and mtaylor like this

Thanks so much again to all for your kind words and "likes". While we all build for our own enjoyment and satisfaction, none of us can deny that it's great to have your peers offer praise for your efforts. 

Bob

I didn't see the pictures when I read your post last bob  re#556........you may have put them in later?!?!   stunning looking ship........really shows how complex the rigging is.   super job!

mtaylor, Canute and donrobinson like this

Thanks so much Denis and the "likes". You caught me Denis. I did add the pictures shortly after the post had been made ( I'm old and I forgot them :D:D).

bob

Canute, mtaylor, Martin W and 2 others like this