HMS Pandora by timtom1 - Scale 1:48 - 1791 after re-fit - First PoF build

Looks like your going to have fun with this :). I will follow, of course.

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Great start Tim. Stern deadwood looks spot on and the tabled boxing joint is seldom seen on models. Is your keel and rising wood milled from one piece? If so, I don't believe I've seen that approach before.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Tim,

looking good, I will enjoy following along.

What other resources/documents are you using besides the Anatomy Book?

Richard

Richard
Member: The Nautical Research Guild
                Atlanta Model Shipwrights

Current build: Syren

Also the Swan class books and Greg's echo class model build.

Greg i saw the table joint In the swan class book. I have your Echo cross section kit.

The rising wood on the keel is one piece. I'm using solidworks to work out complicated parts.

Edited by timtom1

<p>Current Build: HMS Pandora 1:48 scale

Gorilla glue is ghastly stuff! I had a friend who tried to fix a piece of furniture only to have it end up glued to his carpet....

Use white PVA or yellow aliphatic glues. Much better choices.

Edited by druxey

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Tim,

3mm wide or 3mm long?  If wide, do a shim.  If very narrow but 3mm long, sawdust and a 50/50 mix of glue and water.  Make a slurry and fill the gap.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...