canoe21

HMS Bounty by canoe21 [ Lawrence ] - Scratch build - scale 1:60

797 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, donrobinson said:

She looks fantastic, very nice job on the sails. I hope you had permission to take the Admiral's tee towel outside;).

Hello Don

I thank you very much for your visit, for your very kind words and overly nice comments. I told my Admiral what you said about her tee towel being out side and she just laughed. It was rather windy out side this am and the tee towel was just a little assurance that Bounty would not blow of the ironing board,                                                ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

7 hours ago, Greg the peg leg sailor said:

G'day Lawrence 

Congratulations on an incredible ship. She looks so real in those photos and I can almost see the frozen air coming from her crew.

The photos remind me of the movie were the replica made her movie's debut. I think it was An officer and Commander. Or something similar where they have to go way down south to get the Sirius if I'm not mistaken. 

Anyone know if I'm right or wrong please say something. 

Havagooday 

Greg 

Hello Greg

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and overly nice comments. Well it has warmed up just a bit it's 35 F or 01 C so a lot of our snow is gone under a bright sun shine. Yes that movie Master and Command was very enjoyable and well worth watching again, loved there music,                                           ENJOY

Regards  Lawrence

7 hours ago, Canute said:

Lawrence, once against , well done on HMS Bounty. 

Your temp sounds balmy. It was 22F/-6C when I got up this AM. The wind chill made it feel like 12F.

Greg, might you be thinking Master and Commander? That was a compilation of several of Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin series, starring Russel Crowe. Good flick.

7 hours ago, Canute said:

Hello Ken

Thanks for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and overly nice comments. Yes it did warm up a bit today it got up to around 40 F or 05 C, so a lot of our snow is gone, suppose to be even warmer tomorrow.  Yes Bounty is coming along fairly well at this time and it looks like she should be completed around the 01 April or eaven a bit earlier. Have a lot of touch up  to do yet and a good cleaning,                                                                                                         ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

6 hours ago, captainbob said:

Ah!  She's a fine looking ship.  Well done.

Bob

Hello Captain Bob

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log.  For your very kind words and overly nice comments,                                                                  ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

6 hours ago, russ said:

Congratulations on a splendid finished model. Well done to you and the sailmaker.

Russ

Hello Russ

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log on the little ship the HMS Bounty.  For your very kind words and overly nice comments.  Sorry to say but Bounty will not be completed for another week or so, got a lot of clean up, the Fore Jib to install , flags and so on. It is rather sad to see the end of this fun build coming to an end,                                             ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

4 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

awesome ship Lawrence.........and the sails look great as well :) 

Hello Popeye

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log.  For your very kind words and overly nice comments. My Admiral will be very pleased to hear that you and so many others like her sails, I think that she did an OK job on them,                                                                                            ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you again for all of your visits to my build log on the little ship the HMS Bounty. For your very kind words and overly nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have completed adding the sails to the Bow Sprint by adding the Forward Jib and attaching all of it's sail control lines.  We have also cleaned up those little Sail Tie up Ropes [ the Reef Points] as they were in such disarray they reminded me of a Porcupine to say the least.  Now we must attach those 6 Fore Bow Lines and start the general clean up and tidy up sort of thing,                                                                                       ENJOY

Regards   Lawrence  

IMG_4400.jpg

IMG_4401.jpg

Just look at our snow goIMG_4402.jpg

IMG_4403.jpg

Canute, Blue Ensign, egkb and 15 others like this

49 minutes ago, Greg the peg leg sailor said:

G'day Lawrence 

She looks beautiful and the only thing missing is the ensign staff.

I can't see any tidings up mate. 

Well done havagoodone 

Greg 

Hello Greg

Thanks very much for your visit to my build log.  For your very kind words and overly nice comments.  Yes Bounty Build Log  is slowly coming to an end, a bit sad as she has been a joy to build and so very rewarding tho all of my Ship Mates and also my self.  She will have no Ensign Staff as the Ensign Flag will fly from the the end of the Upper Spanker Gaff and the Union Jack will fly from the Jack Staff on the Bow sprint.  When I look at her now it is very much a tossup if I should have added those 5 missing Stay Sails, for sure it would make her look more complete but then I figure they would hide so very much of the beauty of the deck Details and also of the Rigging. These are rely very simple sails to make and also to install so that had nothing to do with our decision to eliminate them in our HMS Bounty build,                                                                        ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence 

Lawrence:

I think what you have right now is about complete. The staysails could be there, but it will not hurt to leave them off. As you say, you can see more deck detail without them. I would leave it as is. You have built a fine looking model and should be proud of not only the journey, but that you have reached your destination. Congratulations.

Russ

Omega1234, mtaylor, Canute and 5 others like this

1 hour ago, russ said:

Lawrence:

I think what you have right now is about complete. The staysails could be there, but it will not hurt to leave them off. As you say, you can see more deck detail without them. I would leave it as is. You have built a fine looking model and should be proud of not only the journey, but that you have reached your destination. Congratulations.

Russ

Hello Russ

I thank you for your visit to my Build log on the little ship the HMS Bounty.  For your very kind words and overly nice comments..Yes I believe that the stay sales can be omitted in this case, it would be nice to add them but I do truly feel that they would take away rather than add to the over all beauty of the HMS Bounty, I do thank you very much in making this decision much easier for me and the little guys,                                                                                                                      ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hi Ship Mates

Thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log on the little ship the HMS Bounty. For all of your very kind words and overly nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I continue the clean up and touch up's, we still have a bit more to go but it is going much faster than we had expected,                     ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence  

We have added the two Anchor's saver Buoy's , attaching then to the Anchor's and also to the Forward Ratlines 

We Have added all of the Running Flags to our HMS Bounty, these Flags were a gift from Jerry in Naples Florida as he had an extra set of Amati Flogs for his HMS Bounty. Thank you very much for your very generous gift. We have been thinking of adding a Pinnate Flag to the Mizzen Mast but as yet that is still very much up in the air.IMG_4407.jpg

We have also given all of our flags a very light dusting of spray starch donated by mu Admiral and shaped and billowed out our sails with , you " guested " it the Admirals Hair Dryer.We

IMG_4408.jpg

We have also tidy-ed  up and trimmed all of those long working ends of Rope from around Bounty's Decks and Rigging sure was a lot of these.IMG_4409.jpg

HMS Bounty with the wind in her Sails.IMG_4411.jpg

Our Flags sure do dress her up.HMS Bounty is almost ready for her Launch IMG_4410.jpg

It was so nice and bright out side this AM that I took a few more picture than I would normally takeSIMG_4412.jpg

58 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Beautiful, Lawrence.

49 minutes ago, russ said:

Well done. It is a beautiful model.

Russ

Thank You Mark and Russ for your visit to my build log, for your very kind words and overly nice comments. I do have to agree that Bounty is turning into a beautiful little ship,                                                      ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

looks like your pretty much finished.......she looks grand with her finery :)  kudos to Jerry for the flags.......they dress her up nicely.   superb job on this vessel Lawrence!  

donrobinson, Omega1234, cog and 5 others like this

1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

looks like your pretty much finished.......she looks grand with her finery :)  kudos to Jerry for the flags.......they dress her up nicely.   superb job on this vessel Lawrence!  

Hello Popeye

I thank you very much for your visit. For your very kind words and overly nice comments.  Yes we are getting very close to the end of our Bounty build. This Am I built a Pinnate for the Mizzen Mast, now I wish to add a few rope coils here and there and not every line. Still needs a bit more clean up but in a day or so we will put Bounty on the shelf,                                              ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence 

6 hours ago, Greg the peg leg sailor said:

Just absolutely brilliant mate. You all should be chaff at the finished model. 

I've got front row Centre booked for your next model.

Havagooday 

Greg 

Hello Greg

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and overly nice comments.  Have not decided on my next build as yet as I still have to do a bite more clean up on Bounty and also have to add a few rope coils here and there just to add a bit of detail in a few places. I do have a few home work projects lined up that I have been putting off for quite some time now. This will give me more time to decide on just what that will be,                                                                                 ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Canute, mtaylor, dadodude and 4 others like this

An impressive looking Bounty Lawrence, looks like she would be on her way to Tahiti if you put her in the water.

Well Done :)

One question to satisfy my curiosity, why have you rigged her out with the Blue and Red Ensigns at the Main and Fore mastheads in addition to the White at the Gaff?

An unusual arrangement this, in the case of Bounty my inclination would be that she would have worn the Red Ensign at the Gaff (being on an Admiralty mission) and the Union flag at the jack (as you have shown it)

She would also have worn a Commissioning pennant at the Main Masthead, which would have been kept aloft for the duration of her mission.

Regards,

B.E.

1 hour ago, Blue Ensign said:

An impressive looking Bounty Lawrence, looks like she would be on her way to Tahiti if you put her in the water.

Well Done :)

One question to satisfy my curiosity, why have you rigged her out with the Blue and Red Ensigns at the Main and Fore mastheads in addition to the White at the Gaff?

An unusual arrangement this, in the case of Bounty my inclination would be that she would have worn the Red Ensign at the Gaff (being on an Admiralty mission) and the Union flag at the jack (as you have shown it)

She would also have worn a Commissioning pennant at the Main Masthead, which would have been kept aloft for the duration of her mission.

Regards,

B.E.

Hello B.E. 

I thank you for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and overly nice comments. I added the White Ensign to the Gaff as I figured her a navy ship and the Union Jack to the Bow Sprite Jack Staff, it was a toss up for the Red and Blue Ensigns, They were given to me and I figured that I should use them, I also added a Pennant Flag to the Mizzen just to fill things out. It may be wrong but it seams to look ok, Your version is very interesting and you are probably very correct, will have to do a bit more research,                                          ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log on the HMS Bounty.  For your very kind words and overly nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have reworked the Bounty's Flags after B.E. pointed out that we had two many Flags and also in the wrong places so we removed the White and Blue Ensigns , replacing the White with the now Red Ensign on the Spanker Gaff and also adding a Commissioning pennant to the Mane Mast, I do thank you very much B.E. for taking the time to correct me for my little mix up. 

Forming Rope Coils around my pencils to shape them until the glue dried up a bit.

IMG_4413.jpg

Made and installed around 30 Rope Coils.IMG_4414.jpg

A few more pictures of HMS Bounty out in the full sun shine and the wind in her sails,

IMG_4415.jpg

Our snow and ice is almost all gone.IMG_4417.jpg

Still have a couple figurines to add to her Quarter Deck.IMG_4416.jpg

Nice to see her sails full of wind, kind of fitting for such a fine little ship.

Regards   LawrenceIMG_4418.jpg

marktiedens, dadodude, egkb and 8 others like this

2 hours ago, Mirabell61 said:

a beautiful finalized model Lawrence,

I love the picture from aft with the sunlight on the front sail sides...

Well done !

Nils

Hello Nils

I thank you very much for your visit , your very kind words and overly nice comments. Yes it is rather sad to be soon be closing down the HMS Bounty build as she has been such a joy to build, but then all good things must come to an end. Will soon have to start looking around for my next build but Bounty will be hard to top with her nice size and over all beauty,                      ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Australian English 101

G'Day  all
In Australia we make a few words in a sentence into one longer word. We, I must admit, are a bit lazy in our speaking, but for us it's normal. 
The reason why I'm writing this down, so other countries and their population might under stand our lingo. Some examples are:.

Lingo = language 
Ozzie = Australian 
Havta  = have to
Havtagree = have to agree etc
G'Day  = good day
Havagooday  = have a good day 
Havagreatrip  = have a great trip etc

If you say it out loud long enough, I hope that you may understand our poor speech. 

In Australia we use bloody a lot. Bloody is one of our best adjective to describe something so good or some times bad. Eg bloody fantastic is very good. Bloody terrible is very bad.

We also break down large words into a smaller/shorter word eg. Air conditioner  to Aircon.
There are many more facets to our unique language, above are only a small sample. 
havagooday to all
Greg 

Nice set of photo's Lawrence, and like Nils my favourite is the Stern Qtr shot with the light thro' the sails.

The flag arrangement does sit easier on my eye ;)  a case of less is more I think.

You must be feeling well satisfied with your Bounty, I hope you have somewhere  good to display her, and show her off to best advantage. :)

B.E.