canoe21

HMS Bounty by canoe21 [ Lawrence ] - Scratch build - scale 1:60

On 4/5/2017 at 6:41 PM, Greg the peg leg sailor said:

G'day Nils 

I sort of agree with Bob and Denis. But I think she deserves a great night out to a show after a lovely dinner, followed by a room in a hotel. ūüėóūüėćūüėč

Enjoy yourselves for an incredible model.

I loved the sunrise photo. Pure magic. 

Congratulations on a job well done. 

Havagooday 

Greg 

Hello Greg

I do thank you very much for your visit to my build log, for your very kind words and overly nice comments.  Yes we will have to do something a bit special for all of her great sewing and help, that is for sure. I ordered a set of build plans from Harold Underhill along with some dowels and a few more goodies today from Cornwall UK. so should have them in a week or so. That will give me a chance to catch up on my home work that I have been putting off for some time now,                                                                ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Nice Lawrence.  Best to you and Bernadette..

Regards,

Jerry

Hello Jerry

It is nice to see you back on the MSW Form again, we have missed you. I thank you very much for your visit to my build log, for your very kind words and overly nice comments.  I am still working on our home but almost finished now and I have been thinking of building a display case for Bounty as she is sitting in our living room now and very prone to damage, I do believe that I can build one but we will see in a few days or so.

Please say hello to Charlene for us ok,                                                                        ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hello Tigoe 

Welcome to my build log on the little ship the HMS Bounty. I am always pleased to have a new crew member on board, please stop by very often as your words and comments are always welcome here. You will find that the door to the Old Ship Yard is never closed, come on in,                                                                ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Today I put together a little slide show on the Building of the HMS Bounty. A few of the pictures are out of sequence but not bad enough to make me redo the whole thing again, please forgive me for this little mix-up.

To view please click on the link below, please view at a full screen as it is much nicer being a bit larger and do turn on your speakers as I have added a bit of background music. I hope that you enjoy my slideshow as much as I have in building and putting together this slide show,                                                 ENJOY  Regards   Lawrence

http://www.smilebox.com/playBlog/4e4455794e5463304d7a453d0d0a&blogview=true

3 hours ago, Greg the peg leg sailor said:

G'day Lawrence 

Great slide show. The female singer on the second song is outstanding along with all the photos. Bloody well done mate!

Havagooday 

Greg 

Hello Greg

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log, for your very kind words and overly nice comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed my little slide show as it seems like a fitting gesture in the closing of my build log. Still looking at a display case for her, just hope that I have enough skills to be able to build one,                                      ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hello Lawwrence..

I just wanted you to know that I finally was able to include my build history in my posts.  I received help from Mark when inquiring how do do it in Kevin's HMS Victory Log.

And I  wanted to thank you for all the effort you put forth trying to set me straight.  Take care.

Best,

Jerry

11 hours ago, Jerry said:

Hello Lawwrence..

I just wanted you to know that I finally was able to include my build history in my posts.  I received help from Mark when inquiring how do do it in Kevin's HMS Victory Log.

And I  wanted to thank you for all the effort you put forth trying to set me straight.  Take care.

Best,

Jerry

Hello Jerry

That is very good news, and a very nice way to search your builds. Yes, I do believe that the new Form is making adding a link to ones build log post is much easier now. Yes, Mark is very good at helping all of us get over our little hurdles.  Cloudy and overcast and a bit cool this AM, only 43 F, but it is supposed to clear up and get a bit warmer. Well I believe that I will start searching my garage for wood to start on a display case,                                                                               ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

5 hours ago, Elijah said:

Wow! I love the way the sunlight hits the sails! She looks like she could just go and sail away! Very fine job, Lawrence! I can't wait for your next project! (And also to see the display case!)

Hello Elijah

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log, for your very kind words and overly nice comments. Yes, I am rather pleased with my outside pictures especially when the sun and the wind hit the sails. I was a bit nervous a few times when a gust of wind came up as I thought Bounty was about to sail right off of the table.

I did get my wood picked out of the garage today and made quite a bit of sawdust, cutting the rails and cutting a groove for the glass, tomorrow I will start to miter the corners and then to try cutting some glass to fit, sounds like a lot of fun, yes,                                                                                ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Once again I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log. For your very kind words and overly nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have started to build our Display Case for the HMS Bounty. We have built the base unit and applied cherry trim around the outer edges. This wood has kicked around in my garage for over 20 years now and has acquired a few light scratches and still needs to be cleaned up, I ordered a tin of black cherry stain yesterday to touch up the saw cuts a bit. Now I must determine the top rail height to allow room for the door to sit Bounty inside and then cut my glass and build the three outside panels, the door will come later along with the glass top,                                                                                                                                          ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence 

IMG_4433.jpg

IMG_4432.jpg

14 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Nice work on the case, Lawrence.  

Hello Mark

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log, for your very kind words and very nice comments. Yesterday I glued the four sides to the base and added a top trim band that seems to tidy up it's looks very much, I still have to cut and add a thicker piece of glass for the top that will set in with a bit of silicone just for a bit of security. I also have to build the glass door and sand and stain the case with a few coats of varnish, but it is coming. May have my new Elizabethan Gallon plans by Harold Underhill bu the end of next week, they have been shipped from Cornwall, UK,             ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

G'day Lawrence 

Re the Elizabethan Gallon plans by Harold Underhill that you will have soon. Could your please post a link on this log so we can all follow?

I for one, and I assume that there are many more would like to grab a chair to watch this build.

Thanks and havagooday 

Greg 

7 hours ago, michael mott said:

Congratulations on the finish of your Bounty Lawrence, you must be very happy with the final way she turned out. Looks like you are also having some up and down weather as we are here.

I look forward to your next build.

Michael

Hello Michael

I thank you very \much for your visit to my build log, for your very kind words and overly nice comments. Yes, I am rather pleased with my HMS Bounty, she was such a beautiful little ship that I just had to try and build her, there are a few boo- boo but never the less she is now complete. I have spent the last week building her a display case as now she is setting on the little bookcase in our living room and is very prone to damage, that has me rather worried. It is almost finished now, got the door to build and hang tomorrow, and the glass top to be cut and installed. This has been a challenge in its self, but I mutch prefer working on a model ship.

Yes, our weather has been up and down here this last month, our snow is all gone, the grass is very green and growing like mad, and I still have the snow blower on my garden tractor that must be converted next week. Out temp. got up to 70 F or 21 C today so things are looking on the up again,                                                          ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

7 hours ago, Greg the peg leg sailor said:

G'day Lawrence 

Re the Elizabethan Gallon plans by Harold Underhill that you will have soon. Could your please post a link on this log so we can all follow?

I for one, and I assume that there are many more would like to grab a chair to watch this build.

Thanks and havagooday 

Greg 

Hello Greg

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log, for your very kind words and overly nice comments. My gallon plans have been printed and shipped last week so with any luck, at all I should have them this week. I still have a bit of work to catch up on before I can start this build. I have been looking at adding some LED Lighting with a controller to my next build and I am still in the midst of searching for information on just how I can do that. I will for sure be stating a build log on this little ship,                                                           ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

44 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Lawrence,

Have a look here:  http://modelshipworldforum.com/ship-model-furniture-and-deck-fittings.php   There's a couple of articles on LED lighting that should get started on sorting it out.

Hi Mark

I thank you very much, these sketches look very interesting and look like they just do the lighting job that I have been thinking of,                                       ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log on the little ship the HMS Bounty. For your very kind words and also for your overly nice comments.

Today the little fellows and I have stained and given the case a coat of varnish. It still needs a few touch ups but we feel that it is looking rather nice and should make a fine home for Bounty. Today we must buy a couple of hinges and a latch for the door that we will make a bit later on. We did find a thicker piece of glass for the top, but that is another story cutting the thicker glass and securing it with a bit of silicone,                                                               ENJOY. 

Regards   Lawrence

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4436.jpg

7 hours ago, cog said:

Lovely work on your display case, Lawrence. She will feel right at home in it!

Hello Carl

Thank you very much for your visit, for your very kind words and overly nice comments. Not much progress today outside polishing the glass up a bit and measuring for the door and the top piece of glass. I do get very lazy from time to time, oh well maybe tomorrow,                                                                     ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

12 minutes ago, Greg the peg leg sailor said:

G'day Lawrence 

The display case is up to your excellent piece of craftsmanship. 

Well done memattieee 

Havagooday 

Greg 

Hello Greg

I thank you for your visit, for your very kind words and overly nice comments. Not much achieved today, just could not seem to get started for some strange reason, maybe tomorrow. I did get my hinges for the door today though so tomorrow we will begin to build that,                                                         ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

oh...oh........the 'poop' after the build.......we all get that ;)   I sometimes find it hard to concentrate on another project right after finishing a ship.   normal.........and you've also built this fine looking case for her as well.   very nice :) 

3 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

oh...oh........the 'poop' after the build.......we all get that ;)   I sometimes find it hard to concentrate on another project right after finishing a ship.   normal.........and you've also built this fine looking case for her as well.   very nice :) 

Hello Popeye

Thank you very much for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and overly nice comments. Yes, the display case is a bit of a challenge in its self, but that is coming to an end in another day or so. Still no plans as yet for my Galleon, but they should be here this week, Still have a bit of work to catch up around our home, the snow blower is still on the garden tractor and it does not cut grass very well,                                                                  ENJOY

Regards   Lawrence

4 hours ago, gerty said:

Beautiful work Lawrence !  

Hello Gerty

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and overly nice comments. Yes, Hms Bounty build is complete, it's a bit sad as she has been such an enjoyable little ship to build. I can only hope that I did her justice as she was such a beautiful little ship,                                                                       ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hello Aceman 

Welcome aboard, I am always pleased to have a new crew member on board. Please stop very often as your words and comments are always welcome here. You will find that the door to the OLD SHIP Yard is never closed. I do thank you very much for your visit to my build log and that I have helped you with your model ship building,                                          ENJOY. 

Regards   Lawrence