Hobbyzone building slip for wooden ship models

It appears that the Hobbyzone company is not doing business. I looked for this slipway jig on their site and it is shown as temporarily out of stock (plus some other products) so I contacted them to ask how long before they would be restocked. The answer was a terse "tomorrow" which I can only presume was an attempt at sarcasm as two weeks later it is still at the same status and my follow-up query was ignored.  

I have been using this slip for a while. I have 2 major issues. 
1.  The nuts tend to round out the hex holes over time. I had to super glue several in place I order to tighten pieces. 
2. The two end MDF end clamps are delaminating. I have squeezed glue into the spaces and fixed them, but they just delaminates somewhere else. The super glue is stronger that what ever is used to hold the MDF together.

i spite of these flaws I hav used the building slip successfully. Check out my Charles W Morgan build log to see it in action. 

9 hours ago, Kevin number whatever said:

It appears that the Hobbyzone company is not doing business. I looked for this slipway jig on their site and it is shown as temporarily out of stock (plus some other products) so I contacted them to ask how long before they would be restocked. The answer was a terse "tomorrow" which I can only presume was an attempt at sarcasm as two weeks later it is still at the same status and my follow-up query was ignored.  

Welcome to MSW.

Are you dealing directly with Poland or the US stockist?

Mine has been on backorder from Hobbyworld USA for my upcoming Syren build, and last week was told it would only be a week or so before they received their new shipment from Poland and mine would be sent out.  Perhaps look to them?  They have been responsive and seem on top of it. 

http://www.hobbyworld-usa.com/Store/index.php

UPDATE:  As of today they have these in stock.

Edited by Justin P.

13 hours ago, Kevin number whatever said:

Justin P., I gave it a try, it is on back order there as well. Guess I will keep on watching. Thank you for the link. 

Yes, the site says back order.   Call them.   They wrote me yesterday saying they had more in stock that literally arrived yesterday.   

I just saw this topic or I would have piped in sooner.  I order my building slip from Hobbyworld-USA last year.  They were fantastic.  Despite excellent packaging UPS managed to completely smash all four corners of the box and the base plates inside.  I sent a message to Hobbyworld and in no time Matt Bole had sent me out replacement parts.  Great service and great communications from them.

Justin P., I gave it a try, it is on back order there as well. Guess I will keep on watching. Thank you for the link. 

Thank you all, just ordered despite Back Order still being displayed on the site. 

Received a response from Matt, he had nine and sold eight, the ninth had suffered some packaging issues so he asked for time to check. He came back, declared the kit was good, repackaged and sent! 

Edited by Kevin number whatever
Update

I got mine yesterday. I knew that was on backorder 5 weeks ago. I am working on assembling just now and using this blog to guide me. Thanks for posting it. I have spent the last 1 and a half hour waxing all the pieces. on to glueing the assembling the parts. 

Ric

I'm glad you guys got yours first.   Mine has been on backorder for about 5 weeks as well.   It shipped last week but hit some kind of weather and has been delayed until Monday.  I had no plans to coat it with anything, but as you both are mentioning it, I'm certainly going to re think it.

Ya i spent a long time waxing the parts (before assembling) anything.    if you are doing it for a nice finish don't bother. I does nothing in that regard just soaks in. I did it for protection from absorbing moisture and glue. I think it helps. Oh, be careful not to wax where the glue needs to go

Ric

i

I ordered one of these a couple months ago and it had some issues with damage during shipment.

Just wanted to say that Matt took care of everything for me, excellent customer service from HobbyWorld USA!!!

Dave

Dave Barnard

Current build: HMS Speedy (Vanguard Models)

On hold: Niagara (Model Shipways), Constitution (Mamoli)

Completed:

Marseille (Mamoli)

Duke William (Kammerlander)

Halifax (Lauck Street Shipyard)

• 9 months later...

Peterbrowne,

No wonder it hasn't been available for a long time.

Hopefully the changes are worth waiting for.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry