• 2 months later...

Well these are great news. I wish this had happen some time ago and you had the time to redesign the transom of the Royal Louis. That area is giving me nightmares. (See my build log near the end.)  :D  :D  :D

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Thanks for notice Ulises Victoria, these big models will follow later. I think there will be more models like the Royal Luis which will need some adjustments.

Bill-I know that some of the Mamoli models are not historicaly accurate but some people like it so until there will be interest I will produce them (just economy). Today everyone have enought information too choose models after their own opinion and preference, someone like historical accuracy, someone like models more like decoration. 

Today everyone have enought information too choose models after their own opinion and preference, someone like historical accuracy, someone like models more like decoration. 

Indeed! I like to build my models to win contests, and then as decorative elements in my home.

I had a really nice experience at a modeling contest in San Antonio, TX a few years back.

I presented my Bounty in the contest. There were these two senior persons next to it and they weren't aware that I who was standing next to them, was the builder. I overheard one of them saying "Wow... this is one of those things that you can only dream about doing".

These are the moments that make worth all the tears, sweat and blood you put in your models. ^_^

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Daniel,

I do understand your point, but the old Mamoli kit of the Beagle goes far beyond being simply inaccurate; it is completely fictional.  The kit was originally based on the Revell plastic kit under the same name. The Revell kit, in turn, was based on their kit of the Bounty.  Yet, the real Beagle differed considerably from the Bounty.

Bounty began as a collier in England's coastal trade in the late 1700s. The Beagle was originally a 10 gun Brig converted by the Royal Navy for scientific exploration.  The two ships did not resemble each other in any way.

To be honest, I would prefer a model that accurately depicts the Beagle, not a ship that probably never existed.

Anyway, I do appreciate your reopening of Mamoli! I look forward to having the opportunity to build most of the line!

Hi Daniel,

Congratulations!  I'm glad that Mamoli will live on!  I was heartbroken to hear about the fire.  I kept checking every few months just in case I it wasn't that bad or they were rebuilding.  The website never changed never addressed what was going on.  They are my favorite kits.  I bought several, thinking someday I'd build them.  I have the large Victory which will be my next build.  I look forward to seeing what you do with the company.   I might even repurchase some of the kits if they have changes and also in support of your effort!  

all the best!

marc

Thank Marc ;)

Bill, I understand what you mean but as I wrote there are economy reasons (buying of rights for Mamoli kits is opportunity but also big risk for me ) on my side to continue in production of whole Mamoli range including fictional ships until there will be an interest from customers (at least only good economy allow me to prepare and release new kits).

Daniel

• 1 month later...
Hello all, 
Let me inform you that I sign the licence agreement with National Museum of the Royal Navy for licensing of HMS Victory Mini Mamoli kit. I am proud to inform you that the Mini Mamoli Victory kit will be officially licensed product and purchasing of this kit support activity of National Museum of the Royal Navy. Releasing of the kit is supposed in near few weeks.
Best regards
Daniel Dusek

post-16720-0-34290100-1477461102_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Awwwww . this is like waiting for Christmas!!! As soon as the Beagle 1:64 kitsch message out im snatching it up. I was so close to buying one before the great fire but never did. I'm all in favour for the economy to pick up so we can see this line of kits on the shelves again.

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

I'm looking forward to the Royal Louis.

In my opinion, one of the most beautiful ships in the Mamoli line. ;)

In my opinion, one of the most beautiful ships in the Mamoli line. ;)

I agree! It is one that is on my list of ships that I am building showing the evolution of French Ships of the Line. I will be keeping my eye out for that one! :)

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

That is just fine as I have the rest of la Couronne to finish and Soleil Royal to build before that one. ;) Plus, I'm all for waiting so that a kit can be updated and improved upon. Whenever it is ready we will be here waiting! :D

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Hi Guys,

The Royal Louis will be one of the last released kit but it is because I would like to redesign and modernized it quite a lot  ;).

Daniel

That is going to make me cry!!!  :(  :(  :(

http://www.dusekshipkits.com/

Or you can click in his add in the main page, right side bar. ;)