La Jacinthe by aviaamator - schooner 1825 - 1:20

Thank you all! Thank You, Matti! The model I build in a city apartment, not in the country, where I rarely appear in the last three years (this is due to my health). Just good people gave me office space in his building where I work. Matti! We should meet more often! So that - we welcome you! We're in the neighborhood!

Edited by aviaamator

• 2 weeks later...

Good looking metalwork, nice and clean.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

That is a very pedantic wood sorting! Does not look like an accident that planks with a bit darker tone and perfectly symmetrical! :)

Excellent work! And as noted above, those darker planks (or strenghtening beams, do not know the shipmaster naming for it - much thicker and stronger wooden constructions to strenghten the hull & deck) are very interesting detail - historically fully accurate but very seldom seen included on models here! Great job!

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Completed: Smuggler

Coming along nicely - I admire the simple yet effective way you constructed the copper bow sprit fitting - Your work keeps reminding me of how the eye gets caught time and again by detail - I've commented on the precision of your tree nailing in a previous post but looking at your second last photo showing your progress on the bulwarks I just can't stop my eyes from going back to the beautiful job you have made of the planking and tree nailing - Cheers Pete

Edited by PeteB

• 3 weeks later...