La Jacinthe by aviaamator - schooner 1825 - 1:20

Nice to see that you are able to work on the ship again, I was impressed by the organized way that you worked on the picture puzzle.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

• 1 month later...

Can you show us a photo that has elements of the butt, washers, etc.?   It's possible we don't (I know I don't) understand the question.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I would use them as the figure 349 has them.  They appear to have been used to protect the wood.  I also see that the washers were held in place with what appears to be bolts to keep them from moving (figure d).

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

5 hours ago, aviaamator said:

Mark! I am sure that the figure number 350, the drawing room 349 this clip, she is above and does not have letter designations. I decided that to properly install a washer under the butt. I'll do it!

Oops.  You are right. I got lost in the way they were numbered.   

Lovely work all around and I seen no mistakes.  Looks wonderful.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

13 hours ago, aviaamator said:

G.L. !  I built a CNC machine and the machine completed the carving. I only slightly modified in-place. Of course, by hand!

I wish also that I could make CNC machines. 

It is really a pleasure to see so many talented and skilled persons on this forum.

• 3 weeks later...

The manufacture of hinges of the rudder... I can't choose the most suitable option... to the array, of course, the best but most time consuming. The photo on the right is the easiest, but does not inspire confidence due to thin metal. When a person has a choice - he begins to rush!

DSC07040.JPG

DSC07041.JPG

DSC07042.JPG

DSC07044.JPG

DSC07045.JPG

DSC07046.JPG

DSC07061.JPG

Lovely work, and wonderful to see your son working alongside.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Hi Aviaamator, Nice work on the Jacinthe.

Are you basing the ship on the Boudroit Monograph and scaling it up or using some other source.

Looking to have a go at this next and trying to get information together. 

Keep up the good work sir.

Finished builds are 

1/35 Endeavour's Longboat by Artesania Latina

1/36 scratch built Philadelphia Gunboat from the Smithsonian Plans

Current build is

Scratch build Boudroit's Monograph for La Jacinthe at 1/36

• 1 month later...

Hi Aviamator

mate you have really made a fabulous job of those rudder gudgeon and pintle straps - each pair different and from what I can see you have somehow managed to get a uniform thickness for all of them - amazing given that you filed them out by hand - good to see you back - Great work. Cheers Pete

ps- the CNC carvings also turned out very nice - comparing either side shows how true the stern is - how about some photos of the CNC machine you built?

Edited by PeteB
addition

Pete! Buddy! The thickness of the metal strip different all along, I did it with my hands and a small file. It is not difficult, much more difficult to properly install these hinges.The CNC machine I built not for himself. My friend asked me to make this machine, and I could not refuse!  Photos of the CNC :

1i5WGGfVslc.jpg

TdVajs0tdzk.jpg

iM-fq4_SGUk.jpg

fAthAzv8dwg.jpg