There are so many truly excellent models on MSW, right now.  While I am partial to the very excellent work of Marc Yeu, AKA Neko, this model that Amalio is making is simply the most astounding, IMO.  Everything from the uniqueness of the subject, to the fairness of the hull, to the completeness of the detailing, to the total care with which every single detail is consistently rendered presents a feast for the eyes!

Edited by Hubac'sHistorian

We are all works in progress, all of the time.

Beautiful work.  It’s a real shame you can’t share with us how you accomplish it.

Member:

Connecticut Marine Model Society

Nautical Research Guild

Model Ship World

"So we beat on, boats against the current, bourne back ceaselessly into the past" F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby

"If at first you don’t succeed.......skydiving is probably not for you”

absolutely brilliant work, 

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Stunningly crisp detail 

5ac1f7441a4af_ClappingHands.gif.eb8099ebe21bd78a51f3e0b8c39b012c.gif

cheers

pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Wonderful work, Amalio. I love the way all the cannon tackle and ropes droop realistically over the wheels

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

It seems Montañes is not replying to our questions, simply because he does not understand. 

I understand, that english is main, if not the only language, this forum should be written in. But we all are loosing on the language barrier. I propose a split posts: part english, part native language of the builder. That of course only for those who dont speak, read or understand english.

Parece que Montañes no está respondiendo a nuestras preguntas, simplemente porque no entiende.

Entiendo que el inglés es el idioma principal, sino el único, en el que debería escribirse este foro. Pero todos estamos perdiendo la barrera del idioma. Propongo una publicación dividida: parte en inglés, parte del idioma nativo del constructor. Eso, por supuesto, solo para aquellos que no hablan, leen o entienden inglés.

Edited by maaaslo

Pavol stands for Paul, Pablo, Paolo etc. Please do not try to pronounce it, just call me Pav...

Respecting the MSW decision, I think it's a good idea. In which the author who does not dominate the English language can explain the methods shown.. I'm sure more than one has questions about details of this magnificent work..

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)

Good morning to all.
I understand and accept perfectly that the language to be expressed is English. When I started in this forum, I did it in Spanish for lack of knowledge, so I apologize.
This model of naval modeling is very personal. Everyone works with their tools and with an idea of what they want to achieve. What I do with a manual tool, someone can do the same with a strawberry.
I have learned a lot in a visual way, seeing the great results that other modelers get, and I have tried to achieve the same with my way and way of understanding all this.
That is why I do not give as much importance to what I have done, but to the final result, because if I have done it, anyone can do it.
The only thing that seems important to me is that in each piece that is being worked on, the level of demand is maximum regardless of the time or the work necessary to achieve it.
All this, Google has translated, so I do not become sponsable of the result of the translation

AMALIO

Ditto Druxey - your craftsmanship is of a very high standard.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)