• 2 weeks later...

Every time I look at your work I realize that I need to work at getting better in my own work. your example clearly shows what is possible with practice.

Michael 

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Aside from the superb precision of your wood joinery and components (more like a fine piece of furniture), I find the fact that your rigging here is so well done that it is worth a separate mention of note.  Your lines are more like what one would expect to see in full sized rope as they have an incredibly realistic drape to them, as if they have real heft to them rather than looking like the fine thread found in most models that have essentially no real weight to them!  If one didn't know that this was just a model, you could almost swear that this is a photo of a full size replica! :cheers:

IMG_3479.jpg

Dave

“You’ve just got to know your limitations”  Dirty Harry

Current Builds:  Modified MS 1/8” scale Phantom, and modified plastic/wood hybrid of Aurora 1:87 scale whaling bark Wanderer.

Past Builds: (Done & sold) 1/8” scale A.J. Fisher 2 mast schooner Challenge, 1/6” scale scratch built whaler Wanderer w/ plans & fittings from A.J. Fisher, and numerous plastic kits including 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution (twice), Cutty Sark, and Mayflower.

(Done & in dry dock) Modified 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution w/ wooden deck and masting [too close encounter w/conc. floor in move]

Hope to get to builds: MS 3/16” scale Pride of Baltimore II,  MS 1/2” scale pinky schooner Glad Tidings,  a scratch build 3/16” scale  Phantom, and a scratch build 3/16" scale Denis Sullivan.

• 3 weeks later...

Started reading this build earlier this evening and below is the only way to describe this build and builder.

"A piece of work by a craftsman accepted as qualification for membership of a guild as an acknowledged master".

"A master craftsman or master tradesman (sometimes called only master or grandmaster) was a member of a guild. In the European guild system, only masters and journeymen were allowed to be members of the guild".

(With the help of google translator and I hope that it is correct.)

Comenzó a leer esta compilación más temprano esta noche y a continuación es la única forma de describir esta compilación y constructor.

"Un trabajo de un artesano aceptado como calificación para ser miembro de un gremio como un maestro reconocido".

"Un maestro artesano o un maestro comerciante (a veces llamado solo maestro o gran maestro) era miembro de un gremio. En el sistema de gremios europeo, solo los maestros y oficiales podían ser miembros del gremio".

I've got out of words to qualify this amazing work. Amalio, you are simply great!

¡Me he quedado sin palabras para calificar este increíble trabajo. Amalio, ¡simplemente eres genial!

Edited by jose_b

I am always impressed with the quality of your work Amalio.  The workmanship is simply stunning!

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

I'm not sure what level of reality I'm living in, but your work is the highest quality, and I'm humbled.

Just magnificent wood work and joinery.

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

Amalio, is your plan to finish the ship with a complete rigging ? (arboladura)

I hope if you do, since it would be very helpful in terms of learning in addition to being a work of art due to the precision in the detail.

Edited by Captain Poison

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)

Amalio The last Photograph show what an amazing craftsman and artist you are with wood!

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Exquisite! Marvelous.....I just love this build. 

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry