• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 11:12 AM, Amalio said:

Доброе утро .
У меня проблема при вставке фотографий, которые я хочу поставить. Я переворачиваю некоторые фотографии на 180 градусов и не знаю, как это исправить. Я пробовал это с несколькими браузерами с тем же результатом.
Большое спасибо.

Hello! Amalio, I do not speak English very well, so I am writing with the help of a translator. It seems to me that the solution to the problem with images is on MSW! I think it's here: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/21613-uploading-pictures/?do=findComment&comment=815768

Edited by Obormotov
the whole topic, if suddenly, what is not completely: uploading pictures - https://modelshipworld.com/topic/21613-uploading-pictures/

18 hours ago, Amalio said:

Good morning.
It seems that saving the images as png solves it.
It may have to do with original metadata of the image, that is, the position of the camera when shooting.
Although I'm not sure.

Is it an actual camera or a smartphone?  Ipad device?   Seems sometimes the device is upside down when the picture is taken by them.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Amazing!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh my, that's a small piece to put in the lathe. I know I would had screwed it up.

You on the other hand, make it look so easy. Beautifully done.

Respectfully

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Amalio

Your work is impeccable and you have shown some interesting alternatives on how to make things like the carriage trucks.  Can you share your source or post the original drawings of the carriages that show the stepped joint line (Item A in the photo below),  This step was new for me so interesting to see an alternative to the information I currently have on hand and I would like to add this to my current project files on these kinds of details.

Thanks

Allan

CarriagebyAmalio1.JPG.c685ed902ee022aadfe11390d1c4be4e.JPG

Edited by allanyed

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

• 4 weeks later...

Mass production!🙂

Respectfully

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2016 at 3:33 PM, dvm27 said:

His frames are constructed above, below and around the faux-port lids. They are used as templates to help frame the hull. The real question is how will the plug be extracted from the framed hull later on (as seen in the early photos)? The mysterious Amalio will  reveal all (hopefully)  in his own time.

I have just started reading this blog, so this can possibly have been discussed in later pages. What I’m wondering is how are the internal surfaces of the axial timbers faired before being layered on top of the internal planking that wraps the mold.

On 1/16/2023 at 11:48 PM, Blas de Lezo said:

Thank you Amalio for your explanation. So, if I understood right, the only goal of the internal mold is just provide stiffness to the ribs while working. That makes completely sense, but I find nevertheless double work, first cutting and sanding the molding external part with high accuracy and later again, cutting and sanding the same curves for the ribs' part that is in contact with the mold.

In any case, the result is astonishing.

I was thinking the same thing as well. However, when you figure in the work it takes to lay down the inner planking with its steelers and drop planks, it makes sense since planking on the inside of a hull is not as easy as planking on the outside. With this mold technique, you’re always planking from the outside. As for the amount of work involved, I imagine it’s no more work than the first planking of a plank on bulwark ship. As a matter fact, looking at the mold, it kind of looks like a plank on bulwark set up. 

I’m aspiring to build Le Fleuron and I’m not quite sure that this technique would lend itself well to the ship’s complex web of lateral reinforcements. But, for these Spanish ships, it makes perfect sense to me.

• 1 month later...

Exquisite!

Respectfully

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...