Amalio,

Superb work indeed. For many of us (I believe) that your inner mold would be our finished outer hulls that we would also be proud of (;-) 

I will follow with much interest.

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Hey Amalio,

that model, you name the "inner mold", looks to me as if it is the actual model (by the way an awsome and most beautiful build)

I`m hard trying imagine for what reason you are building that "outer" harness, if not for building a second, or more models, where you need to exactly position the basic contours, like gun ports, wales  etc....

Nils

Edited by Mirabell61

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Amalio,

It looks magnificent. The inner mold/form looks as good as a model on itself. That must have taken some time to prepare. I will wait patiently for the moment you will slide the different sections from the mold, and put it back together agian!

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

This maybe an unusual way of framing a hull, Amalio, but the result show that its a good method.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

It is a way of constructing that it is very trustworthy and comfortable since in the first phase, only we have to worry about the adjustment of the frame in his interior form. The exterior we it will fit when we have a group of complete finished frames. Of this form the thickness of the frame is controlled very well, without fear of remaining without wood especially in the zones of prow and stern. In addition, we can do any movement with the whole structure without dread to which nothing messes up of his site

AMALIO

The mold can be had prepared in approximately one month. We have to bear in mind that to the forms that give us in the plane, it is necessary to discount the thick ones, both of the frames and of the keel, and do checkings with insoles of carton both to port and to starboard. To never forget that what we are going to do is the form of the interior of the hull.

AMALIO

Amalio,

your positive model is so awsome to look at....... fantastic handcraft work, a lovely ship !!!

nevertheless I have given up to straign my mind, what you are doing the outer mold for, of couse it fits like a second outer skin........, hopefuly you will provide the solution to that thrilling "riddle" of yours soon. I trust you have an mighty ace-card up your sleeve....

Nils

Edited by Mirabell61

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

I've just discovered your log: what fascinating 'inside-out' way to construct a model! I've never seen this done before and it looks like an excellent method. However, it would require a lot of very careful planning and extremely accurate craftsmanship. Obviously you possess both skills, Amalio.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Amalio,

At the stern it looks as if you have given  more form to the wood, than at the bow. It looks more smooth.

I saw some very interesting naval/nautical paintings at your wall

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Good night nurse!  Incredible modeling....plenty of detail and masterful carpentry.

Thanks for the treat.

Rob 

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."